DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

I am surprised that they didn't go with a new name for this one, since it is technically the third game, and there isn't much you can do for a true sequel to RDR given the time period it was set and the ending (unless you do a prequel).

Just now, Chaos said:

I am surprised that they didn't go with a new name for this one, since it is technically the third game, and there isn't much you can do for a true sequel to RDR given the time period it was set and the ending (unless you do a prequel).

Given the Magnificent Seven vibe to this shot, I'm guessing it's a "set at the same time in another place" thing.

• Like 1

Typically there is about 5 years between GTA games.  But with GTA V still being in the top 10 of sales, I'm sure Rockstar is in no huge rush to get GTA VI out.

Hopefully RDR 2 will not skimp on the single player content for the sake of online.  I recently replayed the story mode of GTA V and it's good but there is zero challenge.  It often felt like an interactive cutscene.

Red Dead Revolver and Red Dead Redemption are really related in name and the wild west setting (Revolver was originally a Capcom game until Rockstar bought the studio that was developing it) so I'm not surprised at the name of the new game.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Once you get your XBone - we will be on Red Dead Redemption 3

Remember this when I have an XBone by next Spring and your ass is in a firefight on some planet in the Andromeda galaxy and my profile says that I am playing Watch Dogs 2.