DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For NOVEMBER 2, 2016

RIPPA

Spoiler

PER WON

- Ember Moon defeated Rachael Evers

Evers was Rachael Ellering with a name that paid tribute to Lance Storm. Top rope stunner by Moon for the win.

- Gargano and Ciampa received a bye in the Dusty Classic due to The Revival not being able to compete. Dawson cut a promo on the stage saying that he is injured. The Authors of Pain came down in an attempt to rough up DIY but were sent packing.

- Elias Samson defeated Nathan Cruz

This was a fast one. Cruz is in town for EVOLVE this weekend.

- Liv Morgan defeated Peyton Royce w/ Billie Kay by DQ

Kay got involved when Morgan had a submission on. Aliyah tried to make a save but was no match for the heels. Ember Moon made the final save and sent the Aussies packing.

- Andrade “Cien” Almas defeated Cedric Alexander

This was a long match, and Almas was in full heel mode. He had a hat, suspenders, and sparkly pyro. Alexander had hit a lumbar check but Almas got the ropes, then was able to hit his leg sweep DDT for the win.

- There was a contract signing in the ring with Shinsuke Nakamura, William Regal, and a crew of Performance Center security guards. Samoa Joe refused to enter the ring and cut a promo on Nakamura, Regal, and the crowd. Regal brought the contract up the ramp for Joe to sign. After Nakamura signed the paper, he got in a brawl and destroyed all the security guards, even putting one through a table.

- SAnitY defeated Kota Ibushi & TJ Perkins in a Dusty Classic tournament match

Eric Young and Nikki Cross were on the outside for added intimidation. The larger heels worked over Perkins most of the match. Ibushi made the hot tag and ran wild. He hit the powerbomb for what would have been the win, but major distractions led to Sawyer Fulton getting the pin on Ibushi after their double team finisher.

The show seemed to go off the air, but Shinsuke made the save as SAnitY was beating down Perkins. Nakamura hit a Kinshasa on Wolfe to send everyone home happy.

PER PWI

Week 3

- Ember Moon def. Rachel Evers (Dark match)

- Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic: The Revival vs  Johnny Gargano and Thomasso Ciampa doesn't happen. Scott Dawson says that he has a knee injury and the doctors won't clear him. The Revival leave. The Authors of Pain come out, but DIY fight them off. It looks like DIY gets a bye into the next round.

- Elias Samson def. Nathan Cruz 

- Liv Morgan def. Peyton Royce by DQ. 

Post match: Billie Kay and Peyton Royce attack Liv after the match  Aliyah goes for the save, but is attacked. Ember Moon eventually makes the save. Her and Liv run Peyton and Billie off.

- Andrade Cien Almas def. Cedric Alexander 

- Contract signing.  Nakamura comes out first. Joe comes out, but walks backstage to get his own table to sit at. He wants Regal to walk up the ramp to give him the contract  Regal does and Joe signs. Regal walks back to Nakamura. Nakamura drops it, attacks security and power bombs one through the table. Nakamura signs the contract.  

- Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic: Sanity (Sawyer Fulton and Alexander Wolfe w/ Nikki Cross and Eric Young) def. Kota Ibushi and TJ Perkins 

Notes:

- As few performers were using new names. They are:

-Rachel Evers is Rachel Ellering 

- Otis Dozovic (not sure if the spelling is correct) is developmental talent Niko Bogojevic 

- Tian Bing is Bin Wang, NXT's first Chinese signee.

- DIY has a new graphics package.

- It looks like only three weeks of tv were taped and there should be five episodes until Takeover. The next Full Sail taping isn't until November 30, so I'm not certain where they will tape the next couple of weeks of tv.

• 3 weeks later...

I had no interest in Shane Thorne/Roderick Strong but I really enjoyed the match.  The funny thing is I usually watch ROH on Comet after NXT so when Strong came out I literally blanked out on what show I was watching for a split second.  Though even WWE sending their C-team to shoot a house show still looks better than ROH.

I don't get the Revival forfeit at all.  Even if it involves them costing DIY the tournament eventually, it doesn't make any sense. 

Dawson blew a golden heel opportunity.  When Dawson was told by the doctors that he risked permanent injury, Dawson should have said "But I'm wrestling DIY."  And the doctor should have responded "Oh.  Then you'll be fine." 

Please edit the OP, as this taping appears to have been pushed back a week or two.

I'm guessing the injury to Aries completely blew up the plans for this tourney. The bracket was kind of weird anyway, but Aries/Strong vs. DIY was the only TO-worthy finals match. As it is, DIY vs. AOP should be the finals, but instead they're in a "real finals" feeling match on the weekly show, and either the non-credible TM61 or the too-green Sanity guys are gonna be in a ppv match situation that's way out of their league and not too many people are gonna care about.

Even though it wasn't the plan, doing two injury angles in the quarters ended up making for some bad television.

Better luck next year, I guess.

3 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Please edit the OP, as this taping appears to have been pushed back a week or two.

Some of it aired some of it didn't 

They added in stuff from the CA shows to at least add another week. I doubt they can get much more out of it than that.

I'm always proud of the San Jose crowd; consistent, loud, and enthusiastic.

Damn fine match between Strong and Thorne.

No Way Jose is ridiculously and sometimes nonsensically over. The Swann/Jose Team should be kept together and would translate easily on the mains. The Authors of Pain are developing really well.

I realized Wolfe had this gimmick even before Sanity... if anything Sanity took a page out of Wolfe's book.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

I don't get the Revival forfeit at all.  Even if it involves them costing DIY the tournament eventually, it doesn't make any sense. 

Spoiler

They don't. DIY loses when Ellering distracts Ciampa to the point that he starts stalking him down. When he gets back into the ring, he gets sandwiched by both AOP guys and eats the finish. No Revival interference.

I liked Swann/Jose against AoP quite a lot. The crowd was into that in a non-smarktastic way by the end. Good little traditional tag match on TV.

Sanity's entrance is so good, I actually enjoy something associated with Eric Young for the first time in my life.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2016 at 8:11 PM, Sin Carne said:

Elias Samson vs Nathan Cruz would be like Darth Vader vs Voldemort if it was in London.

I'm not sure if he'd prosper on the main shows, but I reckon Cruz could draw nuclear heat in NXT.

I think the London fans would get behind the hometown Voldemort because he's "their guy."

On 11/3/2016 at 1:40 AM, sydneybrown said:

In my mind, The Revival saw this as a no-win situation. If they lose, they've lost to a team they've been ducking, thus strengthening their case for another rematch. If they win, they're staring down the Authors of Pain, who are monsters. They used Dawson's injury as an out. 

I think TM61 is going to go to the finals. I can totally see Sanity getting DQ'ed to establish them as unhinged and dangerous. So, then you have TM61 vs. DIY, which should both be a good match and provide a good story for either team winning. Or you get TM61 vs. Authors of Pain which would be a classic David vs. Goliath type match, with a story of either TM61 fighting and clawing their way to earning a top spot in the tag division or Authors of Pain continuing their path of destruction.

Of all the things to complain about with NXT right now, the Dusty Rhodes Memorial isn't really one of them as far as I can see.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...