DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For OCTOBER 26, 2016

RIPPA

PER WON

- Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa defeated HoHo Lun and Tian Bing in a Dusty Classic tournament match

- A superkick and running knee combo on Lun for the decisive win.

- Aliyah defeated Billie Kay w/ Peyton Royce

Liv Morgan ran down to attack Royce and caused a distraction, allowing Aliyah to pin Kay. The heels beat down Morgan until Aliyah finally joined in to even the odds, but the Aussies were too much for the youngsters.

- Kota Ibushi & TJ Perkins defeated Mustafa Ali & Lince Dorado in a Dusty Classic tournament match

Perkins subbed in for the injured Hideo Itami. Very good match, the crowd loved Ibushi and Perkins. Perkins got the win with a kneebar, and he got Ibushi to dab after the match.

- Asuka defeated Thea Trinidad

Fast match, as always.

- William Regal then announced on the tron that he had found Asuka an opponent for TakeOver. Mickie James was shown on the screen and cut a promo on wanting the title and how she paved the way for the women's revolution. The match was officially made for TakeOver.

- Tye Dillinger defeated Noah Potjes

Dillinger hit the Tye Breaker for the win. Roode attacked Dillinger after the match.

PER PWI

Week 2

- Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic: Johnny Gargano and Thomasso Ciampa def. Ho Ho Lun and Tian Bing

- Aliyah def. Billie Kay. Liv Morgan caused a distraction, leading to the finish.

Post match: All four women fought, with Kay and Royce getting the upper hand.

- Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic: TJ Perkins and Kota Ibushi def. Lince Dorado and Mustafa Ali 

- Asuka def. Thea Trinidad. 

Post match: William Regal introduces Asuka's opponent for Takeover. it's Mickie James, cutting a pre taped promo.

- Tye Dillinger def. Noah Potjes. 

Post match: Tye is interviewed and says the only thing glorious about Bobby Roode is that he runs all the time. Bobby Roode sneak attacks Dillinger and lays him out on the stage.

• 2 weeks later...

The main event was a really fun tag sprint.

Every time I see TM61, I wonder why I dislike them so much. Whenever they cut a promo, they remind me.

Speaking of promos, even the inimitable Paul Ellering cutting a promo wasn't my favorite spoken thing on the show. It was Asuka's crazed OKAY that she likes to repeatedly yell when someone challenges her. It's the verbal equivalent of taking out your earrings before a fight. 

Nice promo from Mickie. Definitely looking forward to her match against Asuka.

I can get behind a Billie/Peyton Vs Aliyah/Liv feud to help further establish all four women. 

Oh and great to see Thea Trinidad again! I kept hearing rumors about WWE being interested in her. Wonder if Sarah Stock helped that along too. 

The leg capture German was nasty. They really should have got more talent to build up the women's division like they did for the men's because I can name like 5 people from Stardom that needed to be signed yesterday. I can't see anyone legitimately beating Asuka. I just can't buy it. Shit, they should bring in Awesome Kong or Hikaru Shida.

So question. Are Cedric and Ho Ho Lun and Ali exclusive to NXT because I would not mind that at all. Cedric seems to be jobbing out now and days so he needs some exposure. I hear he had a fantastic match with Bobby Roode.

On this episode of NXT, the most important thing we learn is that Byron Saxon is the worst of the creeps.

Really digging how the Down Under gals are developing. Too bad there isn't a 3rd Aussie, would have been perfect.

Love this promo pic:

ZDRC80I.jpg

3 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

The leg capture German was nasty. They really should have got more talent to build up the women's division like they did for the men's because I can name like 5 people from Stardom that needed to be signed yesterday. I can't see anyone legitimately beating Asuka. I just can't buy it. Shit, they should bring in Awesome Kong or Hikaru Shida.

Why are you trying to shut down one of my favorite promotions?

11 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

So question. Are Cedric and Ho Ho Lun and Ali exclusive to NXT because I would not mind that at all. Cedric seems to be jobbing out now and days so he needs some exposure. I hear he had a fantastic match with Bobby Roode.

I was there in Bel Air when they had that match.  Oh, goodness that was outstanding.  The crowd was on fire and bit into the near falls and everything.  I regret that one of us didn't film it, but we were so into it the thought didn't cross our minds.  But I maintain that they NEED to do a Takeover match at some point, the chemistry is too good to no take advantage of that.

I liked the episode.  Love the Aussies vs. Liv/Aaliyah feud shaping up, and Asuka sold the match just by her mannerisms.  If Vince wants to see how to get something across without saying anything that would be it.

41 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

It seemed like they were being pretty dilligent about people possibly filming stuff on their phones. 

And yet somebody Asuka/Ember Moon recently from a house show.  It's all in how you film it, cover up the recording symbol and don't make it obvious you're trying to record the match.  Sitting down we had a good line of sight too.  So yeah, I wish we did that.  Even if we were caught I'd still have something to post.  But I can't believe they haven't done other house shows together, that seems awfully bizarre.

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

Why are you trying to shut down one of my favorite promotions?

It is more that I am surprised that after the success of Asuka that Vince or HHH did not go to that well again and sign more Joshi wrestlers. They could be pulling a Mysterio and have Asuka be the American embodiment of that style, but why? I only said Stardom because they are the most prominent Joshi promotions around. 

@NikoBaltimore, apparently people posted clips of that match online. 

• Like 1