DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] OCTOBER 2016 NXT DISCUSSION

RIPPA

14 hours ago, southofheavy said:

Y'know, these AoP squashes are cool and all, and I like them. But, I ain't feelin' that finisher.

Me neither. It seems like the leg sweep would only diminish the power of the lariat, since it moves the receiver with the momentum of the strike, rather than pushing them into it. The Ascension's finisher has the same problem, but at least it looks pretty cool. The AoP don't even have that going for them.

I guess you could say the lariat is supposed to add to the power of the sweep, not the other way around. But it just doesn't seem fitting to have a monster tag team finishing opponents with an extra-strength side Russian leg sweep. Especially when, as others have said, the stereo powerbomb finish is right there.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm going to mark the fuck out if Aries partner turns out to be Roderick. I loved their tag title run in ROH.

That'll be a "mark the fuck out for two," waiter.

I'm with ya, Great great tag team.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Are they starting to put the Cruiserweights on the NXT house shows like I believe is the plan?   Hoping to see them in this weeks house shows.  In the last of talent on the ticket page they don't show them

Yes and no. Basically it isn't consistent

Like Cedric Alexander worked Thursday and Fridays shows but not Saturday

Lince Dorado worked Friday but not Thursday or Saturday

I dig the hell out of Gulak. I'd sign him and make him the Arn and Ole Anderson of the cruiserweights and just have him mauling guys  on his way to a title match. He's a lot of fun to watch and sooo different from the rest of the guys in the division.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

This might actually benefit the fake Baltimore show if they move guys to that card now

I checked earlier and Itami was gone in addition to the Revival getting axed some time back (but at least The Drifter will be in the building!), so I'm very much hopeful this is how it'll work out.

So Itami/Ibushi vs. Aries/Strong could happen in the Semi-Finals, but that would be problematic since the winning team would move on to the Finals at Takeover, which meant they couldn't also do the Aries vs. Itami singles match at Takeover.

Yeah, I hope they don't do some stupid shit in the second round where Aries and Itami each cost each other their respective matches. They'd be better off just using the tag match as the blowoff and giving the fans what they want with Itami/Ibushi vs. DIY in the finals. They can always come back to a singles match between Aries/Itami on a slow weekly show.