DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] OCTOBER 2016 NXT DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Dan Matha won a 15-man battle royal.

Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas defeated Lince Dorado.

Daria Berenato defeated Mandy Rose.

Riddick Moss defeated Cedric Alexander.

Hideo Itami defeated Beautiful Blonde Blake.

Sanity defeated TM61.

NXT Women’s Champion Asuka defeated Billie Kay.

NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura, No Way Jose and Tye Dillinger defeated Buddy Murphy and The Authors Of Pain.

9/30/16 Orlando show results

I kept trying to figure out who that was in that tryout camp photo until I saw there was supposed to be a ref and thought Nikkan Lee. Then I thought I was crazy to think that until you posted that. How the hell did she manage to get hired by WWE? Good for her.

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I kept trying to figure out who that was in that tryout camp photo until I saw there was supposed to be a ref and thought Nikkan Lee. Then I thought I was crazy to think that until you posted that. How the hell did she manage to get hired by WWE? Good for her.

If she is hired - it might be because of the large contingent of Japanese wrestlers. Both in putting in a good word AND having someone who can speak Japanese in the ring

I know she reffed the Itami match last night

CtpIoLKUkAARb4j.jpg

Couple more teams announced for the Dusty Classic. Not surprisingly, AoP are official. Then there's the first-round jobber team of Niko Bogojevic and Tucker Knight plus the return of the Bollywood Boyz.

I think that brings us to 10 teams (all announced last week or online)

• Revival
  • DIY
  • AoP
  • TM61
  • Ibushi/Itami
  • Roode/Dillinger
  • Almas/Alexander
  • Sabotelli/Moss
  • Bollywood Boyz
  • Knight/Bogojevic

I'm here in Largo, FL, for NXT Live in front of an expected crowd of 300.

- Oney Lorcan defeated Patrick Clark

Running blockbuster followed by a running uppercut for the win. Clark did a lot of taunting and arm work, but Lorcan fought through the pain to deliver his signature uppercuts.

- The Authors of Pain defeated Kenneth Crawford & Angelo Dawkins

Double team leg sweep/lariat for the win. The Authors are just too much for the smaller opponents. Crawford and Dawkins got a few hope spots but it was mostly total domination.

- Nikki Cross defeated Liv Morgan

Snap fisherman's suplex for the pin. Good action here, they worked well together. Cross is the aggressive maniacal heel and Morgan is the fired up babyface.

- Sanity (Alexander Wolfe & Sawyer Fulton) w/ Nikki Cross defeated Heavy Machinery (Niko Bogojevic & Tucker Knight)

Double team overhead side slam for the win. After the match, Cross went to the middle rope and was about to add insult to injury but Liv Morgan ran out to take care of her and allowed Bogojevic and Knight to send Sanity packing.

- Tye Dillinger defeated Buddy Murphy

A lot of comedy in this one, Murphy would sell how much the 10 taunts bothered him. Dillinger won it with the Tye Breaker.

- Ember Moon defeated Aliyah

Top rope diving stunner by Moon for the win.

- In-ring promo by Elias Samson about his broken leg. Crowd was all over him.

- NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura & Hideo Itami defeated Tino Sabbatelli & Riddick Moss

Nakamura and Itami did all their signature spots and added comedy. Nakamura did good vibrations in the corner during a tag to Itami, so he ended up shaking himself as well. The heels took advantage and worked over Nakamura to lead to an Itami hot tag. Itami ran wild, clearing house to allow Nakamura to gather himself and tag back in for the Kinshasa and the win.

There was a scary moment towards the finish when Moss went for a powerslam on Itami and it seemingly spiked Itami on the mat, crowd went silent until Nakamura tried to reach and tag himself in to finish the match off. Itami avoided the doctors and nodded when asked if he was okay after the match. He celebrated the big win and seemed okay.

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

When do we find out the line-ups for this weekend shows. 

Pretty much when you walk through the door

You will be able to guess some a day or two ahead of time based on which guys start tweeting about the shows but it is rare they publicize the matches ahead of time.

Take this for what it is worth but this is everyone the WWE is advertising for the show

http://www.wwe.com/nxt-live-33

I think - THINK - Sombra is advertised for the Florida loop so you might be getting boned there

EDIT - Yeah Almas is the main person advertised for Florida that same day. HOWEVER - Blake is advertised in both places so that is why I said take everything with a grain of salt

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Has Wang even wrestled a match yet?

Yes - they had him wrestle Bo Dallas on the China House show.

Plus he was in the Battle Royal on Friday in the Largo show (I am sure he has been in one or two others)