DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

7 hours ago, zev said:

What year(s) are you thinking on for this one? Do they battle the Rockers or the Rock N Roll Express?

Also, can they join up with the Hollywood Blondes and Muta for a Wargames team?

None in particular. I can just picture these two as friends working together to out do one another and it would have been even more amazing with Jesse rooting them on. And then the turn....ohhhh.

Perfect and Rude were in the Heenan Family at the same time for a few months, yeah? Heenan was managing Rude as he was going for the WWF Title against the Warrior at the same time he was managing Perfect as the IC champ. They had to have tagged up a few times together on house shows or something.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=1015&page=4&search=Rude

looks like they teamed a dozen or so times, mainly vs Kerry and Warrior. 

• Like 5

On 10/20/2016 at 1:08 PM, CreativeControl said:

So, as a casually observer looking at this James Ellworth thing and based on news his tshirt is selling really well, basically one of the only ways to get over these days is ironically?

With Ellsworth, it started out ironic and then people kept reading about what a good guy he was and about how much the WWE and the locker room liked him, and he started doing interviews and came off likeable, so it became a combination ironic/Cinderella story. I don't think he'd be as popular without both facets. He seems to deserve his shot at this, and that's what makes people support him. He's living the dream, as unlikely as it is, and that's easy to get behind.

5 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I completely forgot about that, and on top of it, I think someone just posted a picture or video of it pretty recently in the photo thread. I'll blame the hangover

This photo:

13_RudeBrood_11231989_001-2.jpg

I think we're saving the SurSer photo battle for next month though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jstout said:

With Ellsworth, it started out ironic and then people kept reading about what a good guy he was and about how much the WWE and the locker room liked him, and he started doing interviews and came off likeable, so it became a combination ironic/Cinderella story. I don't think he'd be as popular without both facets. He seems to deserve his shot at this, and that's what makes people support him. He's living the dream, as unlikely as it is, and that's easy to get behind.

I think it's more underdogs/small guys, get over well in wrestling because they automatically stand out. Spike Dudley, Hurricane Helms, the Collin Delany, Taka, etc. It's not true always, but it's so basic and easy it always tends to get over to some degree. I really think they are dropping the ball by not getting one of those guys a title world title run. Taka having a one week run against Hunter would have been fun.

Watching a RAW replay and the wife sees The Club for the first time.

"How are 2 people a club?"

"What is the club? Bald guys with goatees?"

"Two of them is redundant. They shouldmake them into one person. Call him... Lurl Andlows."

This has been a missed chance from WWE. The Club should have been with Styles until the eventual Balor turn and feud. Now that are just another low/mid card tag team.

• Like 1

The E wouldn't be able to hire Kevin Sullivan, BJ Whitmer and Punishment Martinez to appear in a Cena as Hogan led remake of the White Castle of Fear, and they wouldn't be able to get Veda Scott, Kelly Klein or Taeler Hendrix for the Women's Classic Wrestling that's rumored to happen next year.

But somehow I'm thinking that's not the issue you're mainly wondering about.

I think the E would ignore that employee situation publicly and privately continue to tell their "contractors" that it's Vince's way or a one way ticket to the bingo halls.

4 hours ago, AxB said:

This photo:

13_RudeBrood_11231989_001-2.jpg

I think we're saving the SurSer photo battle for next month though.

I can't wait for the Survivor Series photo battle. Survivor Series was always my favorite ppv when it was all tag matches. I love me some tag team wrestling.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

I was wondering...

If Sinclair on January 1st made everyone on the ROH roster employees as opposed to independent contractors, how much, if at all, would that fuck the WWE?

Surprisingly, not as much as you'd think.

The biggest benefit that the ROH roster would get in this instance is "Sinclair would be required to provide health insurance/related benefits". This seems like a positive on paper (and would if there's an uninsured ROH roster worker), but would be used less than you think. WWE already requires their workers to prove they have health insurance before they're hired, taking them off the road if it's proven they're uninsured (and so having a company-provided healthcare plan would be a big risk for any ROH worker who'd have hopes of going to WWE one day.)

WWE's also very good with paying part of the money for workers' surgeries, which is a big part of the money a wrestler could have- and which may not be involved in a Sinclair health plan to keep the cost of the plan down.

The only way it could help ROH workers is to get some benefits...and even then it's a push (since the "NXT workers don't get Takeover pay, but do get all their travel accommodations paid for by WWE on house show tours" MIGHT be seeing that a HHH plan for the Network may possibly be "WWE will provide benefits and travel payment in lieu of giving the workers PPV bonuses" under his reign, so it wouldn't be as much of a difference.