DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

12 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Depending on how much credence you put into Rumorz~

The main evebynt of the Royal Rumble will be: 

Reveal hidden contents

AJ Styles vs Shawn Michaels for the WWE World Championship

Assuming the latter can go, this would be the proverbial bee's knees. 

Holy shit if this happens. The expectations this will bring, can they? Shawn Michaels has stayed retired for years since losing to the Undertaker in a Streak vs. Career match at WrestleMania XXVI

Edited by The Natural
Cant remove spoiler tags from tablet.

25 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

lol holy shit

What building is that?  That's amazing.

The Alamodome - thus the reference

They ran Lockdown 2013 there - which actually was their largest crowd ever (Just over 7K)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Alamodome - thus the reference

They ran Lockdown 2013 there - which actually was their largest crowd ever (Just over 7K)

Thanks!  I figured as much but had to ask because I didn't think they'd have the audacity to run a building that big.  Oh TNA.

On 10/19/2016 at 6:22 PM, caley said:

I enjoy that element of it.  He's a big tough dude who you have to hit really hard to put him down.  I appreciate a guy who needs an ungodly amount of effort to hurt much more than Okada's my-arm-is-so-damaged-I'm-almost-crying-in-agony-but-not-such-agony-that-I'm-not-going-to-use-it-now-to-do-my-finisher style of wrestling.

On 10/19/2016 at 11:04 PM, Raziel403 said:

Except that Makabe is obectively shit.  Like, really not a good wrestler.

That seems a little harsh.  He's definitely not the guy you're going to for high-level story telling, but I can understand the appreciation of him as a big, loud brawler with an almost cartoonish sensibility (complete with prototype supervillain laugh) to working a match.  It works for where he's at now, or at the very least doesn't really hinder anyone else by letting him do his thing and pop the crowd and be a different flavor among the Third Generation/gatekeeper types. 

• Like 1

I'm definitely not having any hope towards AJ/Michaels.  But if that was reality I don't know what I'd do with myself.  It's the dream match I didn't know I wanted until I saw that picture.  I think Shawn has one more great match in him, and AJ is the best guy to get that out of him.  But hey, if they don't do it then at least there's 2K17 where I'm hoping to get a classic match when simming it.

Reports are out that Jean "Pierre Martel/Frenchy Martin" Gagne passed away today after a long battle with cancer. Always dug his act, especially when he handled interviews on WWF Spanish-language TV. RIP Frenchy...

I say this begrudgingly, but i believe AAA is the bigger promotion in Mexico, not CMLL, at least to the general public. CMLL might be more profitable (due to owning their own buildings), but i dont know about TV since AAA has more penetration. 

(I would be happy for cubs or rob or kris or fredo to say i was wrong.)

Doesn't CMLL run a good amount of shows during the week?  I'd figure if they get at least half the arena full at worst then that could put them over the top with attendance.  I'd love to see how much they bring in though compared to WWE or New Japan.  Any word on average ticket prices for CMLL?

1 hour ago, Matt788 said:

I just watched the first half of PWG BOLA night 3. Mind = blown.

Castle!

Riccochet!

Cody!

Sabre!

bastard heelmode Scurl!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to press charges against PWG for stealing the rest of my evening.

I was in tears during the 10 man match. So much ridiculousness.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DTTW said:

Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect would have been an amazing heel tag team. Discuss.

What year(s) are you thinking on for this one? Do they battle the Rockers or the Rock N Roll Express?

Also, can they join up with the Hollywood Blondes and Muta for a Wargames team?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DTTW said:

Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect would have been an amazing heel tag team. Discuss.

I was trying to think of a modern wrestler version of this team. It's hard to. Few compare to Perfect. No one today compares to Rude. He's too one of a kind.

Heel Ziggler and Aries I guess.