DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

56 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I bet I could take you...on a relaxing trip through dairy farm country, that's what I call fighting, we country-bred hicks are a gentlemenly sort, no need to sully our clothes with fisticuffs when a simple gesture of kindness and some wine will do. Then Pacman Jones would attack both of us for no apparent reason as we wondered why he was in Northern Rural Wisconsin.

As a fellow country boy from the Midwest, this wasn't my experience at all.  In my small Ohio town, people liked to sully themselves with fisticuffs all the time.  When I moved to Northern Virginia, I was amazed when one of my classmates told me he had never been in a fight.  Fighting was a fairly large part of the culture.  When I was a teenager it wasn't uncommon for us to schedule friendly fights just to see if the kids in our neighborhood were tougher than the kids in another neighborhood.  We'd ride our bikes to a neutral location, fight, and then hangout and still be friends afterwards. 

• Like 1

Joey Porter arrested outside a Pittsburgh bar

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18434301/steelers-assistant-joey-porter-arrested-pittsburgh-bar-accused-assaulting-doorman

Police said security guards at The Flats on Carson summoned a police officer who was working at a nearby restaurant "due to an unruly customer who was in the process of assaulting the doorman.''

Police said the officer stopped the assault and arrested the customer, who was later identified as the 39-year-old Porter, a former star player.

Porter was taken to the Allegheny County Jail. He is charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, resisting arrest, public drunkenness and disorderly conduct. It is unclear if he has an attorney who can comment on the charges.

In response to that response, Terry Bradshaw said Mike Tomlin should take responsibility for his players and resign not realizing Porter isn't playing anymore. He then tried on some pretty wigs and danced in front of a mirror.

54 minutes ago, KidNatural said:

In other news, Terry Bradshaw still can't spell cat without spotting him the c and a. Also, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell and Brock Osweiler would have won 4 Super Bowls with that defense.

Don't tell anybody that Terry's backups put up better numbers, and had a higher winning percentage, than Terry did. 

13 hours ago, KidNatural said:

In other news, Terry Bradshaw still can't spell cat without spotting him the c and a. Also, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell and Brock Osweiler would have won 4 Super Bowls with that defense.

No way the Steelers win the third and fourth Super Bowl's without Bradshaw, his cannon arm and play calling meant more to those teams than the defense.

Am I the only person who paid any attention to that trail?  He clearly didn't kill those people.  He acted inappropriately afterwards, but even the District Attorney admitted he overcharged him trying to get reelected.  Not only did Ray Lewis not kill those dudes, the two people who did got acquitted because it was deemed self defense.  Based on the testimony of every single witness, Ray Lewis wasn't even involved in the altercation.  He was the person who was trying to get everyone out of there before the victims, cut off their limo and assaulted one of the dudes who did the stabbing.  Ray Lewis was just the most recognizable person there, and people identified him.

And he did plead guilty to obstruction so it isn't like he was a completely innocent third party. He also said afterwards that the fact he was successful on the field proved he was innocent since God wouldn't let him be successful if he wasn't. I don't think anyone (well, most people) thinks he actually killed someone, but he is so damn annoying that it makes a fun joke and many do believe that he knows more about it than he admitted due to the whole obstruction thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

And he did plead guilty to obstruction so it isn't like he was a completely innocent third party. He also said afterwards that the fact he was successful on the field proved he was innocent since God wouldn't let him be successful if he wasn't.

Someone tell Ray he's a couple centuries late for Trial By Combat.

On 1/12/2017 at 10:20 PM, supremebve said:

Am I the only person who paid any attention to that trail?  He clearly didn't kill those people.  He acted inappropriately afterwards, but even the District Attorney admitted he overcharged him trying to get reelected.  Not only did Ray Lewis not kill those dudes, the two people who did got acquitted because it was deemed self defense.  Based on the testimony of every single witness, Ray Lewis wasn't even involved in the altercation.  He was the person who was trying to get everyone out of there before the victims, cut off their limo and assaulted one of the dudes who did the stabbing.  Ray Lewis was just the most recognizable person there, and people identified him.

My feeling was that Lewis got overcharged because he had the most to lose, and the DA figured (wrongly) that putting the pressure on Ray would motivate him to turn on the others involved and testify against them.

This sounded fake when I first read it, but apparently the prosecutor in the Pacman Jones case wants to wait and see what his NFL punishment is before deciding what charges/penalties to pursue. Uh its usually the other way around. Plus very unusual anyway, if I get arrested for DUI and miss work, will the prosecutor wait to see if my job fires me before punishing me for the DUI? Shouldn't he as a prosecutor base his charges on reality and not make them harder/softer depending on if Jones is punished elsewhere?

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:20 PM, supremebve said:

Am I the only person who paid any attention to that trail?  He clearly didn't kill those people. 

I remain unconvinced, but I am a dumb Steelers fan that really fucking hates the Ravens in general and Ray Lewis in particular.

Speaking of dumb Steelers, why are you so stupid, Antonio Brown?  Why?

First the end zone celebration insanity and now this bullshit?

Do you realize that the Steelers score zero TDs last week and are 5 1/2 underdogs and are traveling to fucking Foxboro to play the red hot Patriots AT HOME for the Conference championship?

Yeah, let's add off field distraction bullshit to the list of obstacles to hurdle!

I hate football.

Back to the Pacman story

Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones unleashed profane tirade on the Cincinnati police officer who arrested him on charges of obstructing official business, disorderly conduct, and assault three weeks ago.

Video from the officer’s car, obtained by TMZ, show Jones repeatedly calling the officer “a b–tch a– ni—-” and seeming to try to intimidate the officer.

“I hope you die tomorrow,” Jones said. “You’re gonna be out of a job tomorrow.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/23/pacman-jones-to-cop-i-hope-you-die-youre-gonna-be-out-of-a-job/