DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

A Missouri hospital is reporting that they've had to do multiple amputations for fans who attended the Miami-KC playoff game.  

As a Raiders fan and a decent human I will withhold comment, but y'all know what I'm thinking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Please, Aaron Rodgers.  Please take that next job.  Please.  Do me a favor and sink two ships at once, buddy.

He may not have much choice...

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/13/politics/aaron-rodgers-sandy-hook-conspiracy-theories/index.html

This is gonna go over great, because it's not like he's the QB for a team in the media market WHERE IT FUCKIN HAPPENED.

Well given that he asked years ago to a player if 9/11 was real, I am sure where he plays is never a factor in his stupidity 

Somewhere Jesse Ventura is tapping out of the VP race saying "I can't out bullshit this guy"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

So there is "legal tampering" which I thought we were still in and "not exactly legal tampering"?   

No - legal tampering is over. It ended yesterday when the new league year started

During legal tampering, Teams are allowed to negotiate with agents but not talk directly to the players (unless the players represent themselves)

Teams are permitted to talk directly with agents during the 52-hour negotiating window, but can't speak to the player unless he has no agent and represents himself.

I should note that it appears Cousins ratted himself out during his intro press conference

In Atlanta's case, Cousins said Wednesday: "There's great people here. And it's not just the football team. I mean, I'm looking at the support staff. Meeting -- calling, yesterday, calling our head athletic trainer, talking to our head of PR I'm thinking, we got good people here. And that's exciting to be a part of."

Cousins wasn't permitted to speak to anyone before 4 p.m. EDT on Wednesday.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

He may not have much choice...

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/13/politics/aaron-rodgers-sandy-hook-conspiracy-theories/index.html

This is gonna go over great, because it's not like he's the QB for a team in the media market WHERE IT FUCKIN HAPPENED.

He's the perfect running mate for a guy who is the lawyer for John Stockton as he sues for the right to lie about COVID. 

16 hours ago, Tabe said:

He's the perfect running mate for a guy who is the lawyer for John Stockton as he sues for the right to lie about COVID. 

There is something perfect about the way Stockton and Malone run the pick and roll for each other for the title of most unlikeable NBA Hall of Famer.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, supremebve said:

There is something perfect about the way Stockton and Malone run the pick and roll for each other for the title of most unlikeable NBA Hall of Famer.  

It's like Stockton got CTE after he retired. I don't remember him being a whacko while he was playing. Fewer opportunities to express it, sure, but he's gone completely off the rails the last 5 years. I worked with his sister for a decade and she's awesome. Super nice and kind. 

Karl, on the other hand, has been known as a POS since Day 1. 

Even a dude like Ja who seems like he might shoot somebody or have somebody shot on his behalf somehow seems more likable than these two clowns. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, supremebve said:

The one championship they can win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The Lions have released Cameron Sutton

This comes one day after comes out that Sutton is wanted by the police over his alleged involvement in a domestic violence case.

It should be noted that the police have been "unable" to locate Sutton since March 7 and apparently Sutton's attorney is also MIA

I'm not surprised a Jets player made a casual anti-semitic comment on a livestreamed interview.

I am surprised it wasn't their QB, however.

Now, I don't think it was truly "anti-semitic", but even casually saying to an interviewer that "Y'all (Jews) run the world" is a bad look

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Now, I don't think it was truly "anti-semitic", but even casually saying to an interviewer that "Y'all (Jews) run the world" is a bad look

Nah, it's just the kind of thing exclusively said by anti-semitic people.

• Like 2