DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

Holy crap, that last line starting with "I don't know about welfare but I know we'll fare" might be the greatest quote I've ever read. 

If you had told me these were fake quotes from an Onion article, I would have believed that more than believing these are real. Wow. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Former Mississippi governor Phil Bryant has been subpoenaed in relation to the texts Brett Favre sent.  

The "let's commit a crime" ones.  

(Okay fine, the "let's commit a crime using Mississippi tax dollars" one.)

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Infinit said:

He definitely should have got more than 3 years 

He didn't even get HALF the max of 7 years. His lawyer had the gall to ask for probation because he'd apologized. 

3 is definitely not enough. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Arizona Cardinals offensive line coach and running game coordinator Sean Kugler was fired after he groped a woman in Mexico City over the weekend, sources told ESPN.

Mexican authorities were notified of the incident, which happened Sunday night, and then informed the Cardinals, who terminated Kugler and sent him back to Arizona on a flight Monday morning. The Cardinals had arrived in Mexico City on Saturday.

Kugler is the second Cardinals assistant coach to be accused of assaulting a woman this year.

In May, former running backs coach James Saxon turned himself in to Indiana police after assaulting a woman in her Indianapolis home. He was sentenced in October to one year in jail, which was suspended, and given one year of probation.

Saxon kept his job with the Cardinals until his arrest became public Aug. 4, when he was put on administrative leave. Saxon resigned in October.

Kugler has coached at the high school, college and NFL levels since 1990. He had joined coach Kliff Kingsbury's staff in 2019.

The Cardinals lost 38-10 to the San Francisco 49ers on Monday at Estadio Azteca.

Kliff Kingsbury sure knows how to pick'em

• Like 2

On 11/23/2022 at 10:46 AM, Tabe said:

And this is your reminder that the Cardinals are currently being filmed for Hard Knocks. 

Saw a tweet or something that said they made the crew go back and delete footage.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

OBJ was kicked off a flight for refusing to put in his seat belt and "coming in and out of consciousness"

Will this stop the tabloid/sports talk radio nitwits demanding the Giants bring him back?

(Spoiler: No.)

22 hours ago, supremebve said:

Kliff Kingsbury is an offensive genius who couldn't figure out how to win with Patrick Mahomes playing against college kids. 

5-7 with Mahomes throwing for 5000 yds and 41 TDs. They gave up 44 points a game that year and it was an IMPROVEMENT over the year before. Good lord. 

• Like 2