DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

At this point the only reason Goddell hasnt announced a suspension is because they expect every day to get worse and worse in order to justify more days.  Like if they would just shut up for a good week maybe they can get just 8 games appealed down to 4

Quick question for the board. If 23 people accuse someone of the exact same thing,  how surprised could you possibly be if a 24th person accused them of the same thing? Me, I stop being surprised after about 6, at 23 I'd be more surprised if there wasn't a 24th. 

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Quick question for the board. If 23 people accuse someone of the exact same thing,  how surprised could you possibly be if a 24th person accused them of the same thing? Me, I stop being surprised after about 6, at 23 I'd be more surprised if there wasn't a 24th. 

I am 0% surprised there are more he has done it to, the only slight surprise for me is that some waited so long to join in. I'd figure at this point that any additional women were going to sit it out because they either didn't want to deal with lawyers, didn't want the potential spotlight, had some other personal reason to not get involved, etc. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

AKA the Browns are now scrambling to try and get the contract canceled.  I hope they're stuck with it just for being stupid and for constructing it in a way to circumvent a suspension.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Tabe said:

AKA the Browns are now scrambling to try and get the contract canceled.  I hope they're stuck with it just for being stupid and for constructing it in a way to circumvent a suspension.

I can't decide if I want it cancelled so that Watson can disappear for awhile and not make all that money, or if I want them to be stuck with it so other teams can learn to never do something like that again. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I can't decide if I want it cancelled so that Watson can disappear for awhile and not make all that money, or if I want them to be stuck with it so other teams can learn to never do something like that again. 

I hear ya.  It's definitely a conundrum.

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

How about he get suspended / banned from football and the Browns are stuck with the cap hits and have to sue Watson to get it back

• Like 7

Even if the Browns get a miracle and get out of contract they wont get Baker back as a starter.  He wants nothing to do with them.  

As far as worst ever contract, it is definitely the scummiest but there are probably 2 or 3 Redskin signings that were way worse financially 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

Even if the Browns get a miracle and get out of contract they wont get Baker back as a starter.  He wants nothing to do with them.  

As far as worst ever contract, it is definitely the scummiest but there are probably 2 or 3 Redskin signings that were way worse financially 

The "Albert Haynesworth is too fat to pass a physical" daily report from ESPN was the highlight of my youth.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

The "Albert Haynesworth is too fat to pass a physical" daily report from ESPN was the highlight of my youth.

Did you & your buddies as well do the test that he Failed to see if you could pass?  That money was sweet when I passed & proved my buddy wrong! 

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Tony Buzbee has announced that the Houston Texans are being added as defendants to the civil suits

Funny thing is, security Guards handing out NDAs, booking rooms at the Houstonian, all falls under the purview of the Executive VP of Football Operations — Jack Easterby.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

At the rate we are going - every NFL team will be in court by the end of the year

I really want to know what kind of creatively inept people have a son named Dean and a daughter named Dea. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4