DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For OCTOBER 12, 2016

RIPPA

per WON

- Sanity (Sawyer Fulton & Alexander Wolfe w/ Eric Young and Nikki Cross) defeated Tye Dillinger & Bobby Roode in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic match

Roode never took his robe off and allowed Dillinger to be destroyed. The Sanity act is visually great with smoke and apocalyptic outfits. Young and Cross didn't reveal themselves until after the match.

- Billie Kay w/ Peyton Royce defeated Liv Morgan

Royce grabbed Morgan's foot as a distraction to allow Kay to hit the big boot and get the win.

- TM61 defeated Riddick Moss & Tino Sabbatelli in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic match

Great reaction for Sabbatelli and Moss who are live event regulars. TM61 won it with Thunder Valley on Sabbatelli.

- Blake vs Murphy went to a no contest as Samoa Joe destroyed them both and called out Nakamura. Nakamura showed up in a neck brace, took it off, and they had a wild brawl. Nakamura hit a Kinshasa on a security guard and Joe in the center of the ring to send everyone home happy.

per PWI

Week 4

- Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic: Sanity (Sawyer Fulton and Alexander Wolfe w/ Eric Young and Nikki Cross) def. Tye Dillinger and Bobby Roode when Roode walked out on Dillinger.

- Billie Kay  (w/ Peyton Royce) def. Liv Morgan.

- Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic: TM61 def. Riddick Moss and Tino Sabbatelli.

- Wesley Blake vs. Buddy Murphy is a no contest when Samoa Joe attacks both. He wants Nakamura or the title. Shinsuke Nakamura comes out and has a wild, pull apart brawl with Joe. They eventually find their way to the ring where Nakamura lays Joe out with the Kinshasa 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure they need another heel (Maybe?) tag team at this point as the face side seems really over matched with TM61DIYBYOB being already so overshadowed by the Revival and the Authors of Pain that something is going to have to swap sides shortly.

I would have also liked to see the Roode/Tye pairing go a little farther before heading right into Bobby walking out unless he's also in Team Aries which I guess could work?

Pretty fun episode. Nak was great in that brawl, and totally came off like a baby face ace that could translate it to the main roster. Sanity was ok, I thought Moss looked pretty solid in his tag match. Peyton Royce in those tight pants though.

Enjoyable show.  I thought the Sanity entrance and presentation was well done.  Maybe Ciampa/Gargano defeat The Revival and we see them move up.  DIY gets taken out by Authors of Pain. Sanity is the #2 heel team. 

Roode leaving Tye and then saying Tye begged him (it was Roode that asked him to team wasn't it?) to do this in the first place was great. 

I'm liking the Aussie mean girls, the entrance music is good too. 

Then obviously the ending was tremendous with Nak and Joe.

I appreciate Graves pulling a Bobby Heenan and changing his pick each time he sees a new heel team put in work in this tournament. 

I thought that the showcasing of Sanity was so good that I'm looking forward to when they eventually face off with the Authors of Pain. Even shitty Eric Young couldn't ruin it. 

Looking forward to Nakamura/Joe II. Hopefully, it's harder-hitting like the first match should have been. 

Am I the only one who say Sanity and thought, "Why didn't they think of this when they had Sami Callihan on the roster?"

Murphy's dive was crazy.  Is there any reason they broke up their tag team?  Neither guy is really ever going to be over as a singles guy, but they were perfectly fine as a tag team.  There is literally nothing that sets them apart individually, most of us can't even tell who is Blake and who is Murphy.  Together, they could at least be the gatekeeper tag team.  

Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, and Liv Morgan all feel like faces in the crowd to me.  I hope they all break out, but none of them are ready yet.

Moss and Sabbatelli looked like they could turn into a fun team, but I wouldn't be surprised if Moss is punished for the Itami thing. 

I love the Samoa Joe vs. Nakamura feud.  I hope their next match lives up to this build.  When was the last time a main roster feud was built this well?  

I really liked the Sanity squash and reveal of Nikki and Eric Young, but Sami Callihan would have been perfect for the group. Bobby Roode was great doing his part and I loved his promo afterward. I'd say Dillinger got what he deserved. Flexing your ass in your tag partner's face? That's a dickhead move. Shawn would have thrown Marty through a window years earlier if Marty flexed his ass in his face. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sublime said:

I love the faux-Primus entrance music for Sanity another win for NXT entrance music.

God, I want Primus playing Sanity's entrance during a Takeover show. I can see Les Claypool slapping his bass like a madman and doing the manical laughing.

I was actually kind of bummed that Joe broke up When BAM Explode!, it was turning into a fun little match. 

I know there's limited spots on these shows, but I would love to see that feud get a proper blow off match at one of the next Takeovers before they completely go separate ways.

On 10/13/2016 at 4:17 PM, CSC said:

I was actually kind of bummed that Joe broke up When BAM Explode!, it was turning into a fun little match. 

I know there's limited spots on these shows, but I would love to see that feud get a proper blow off match at one of the next Takeovers before they completely go separate ways.

I had a similar thought but I do appreciate how much effort they've been putting in to set up the Joe beatdowns. First the Matha thing, now this match which I initially was slightly confused by and then, like you, kinda really drawn in by like "you know what, yeah, I guess these guys maybe do deserve this match and they're doing so well", and then BAM, JOE.

Also, I think that brief beginning of a match did more to actually build the Blake/Murphy feud for me than anything up to this point.

Edited by maciej

Corey Graves with the MVP again: dat Stranger Things deep cut on Young Boy Tom. And also calling out the awkward chanter in the crowd.

Moss & Sabbatelli can be a damn fine tag team with more ring mileage.

Nikki Cross really sold that crazy well. She was like a rabid honey badger.

What was weird/funny/strange/interesting??? (I am not sure exactly what adjective I would pick) was how much more imposing Cross seemed standing with that group.

It was like how I felt when watching Serena Deeb hang with Punk and Gallows. Like "Yeah - she totally fits in"

That's pretty much it, she's like a more believable Serena. It's the little things; when she was struggling to take off her hoodie, she got more and more frantic and took it out on poor Dillinger.

All that zany energy she has is very well channeled in this new persona. After awhile, if/when she turns, she can be that crazy oddball that we loved in early Ambrose.

• Like 1