DVDVR Message Board

CWC EPISODE TEN - SEMIS & FINALS (9/1416)

RIPPA

12 hours ago, EVA said:

It has to be a little bit of a black eye on HHH that he couldn't lock up Ibushi or ZSJ, the two guys clearly positioned as the cream of this crop from the start, coming out of this thing.  Maybe Ibushi less so, because he's an odd cat, and there's no accounting for what he decides to do at any moment.  But the biggest company in the world can't seal the deal on the skinny fat lad?

I definitely don't see it as a blemish on HHH as an executive. The fact that WWE even ran the CWC is huge, and they still got several quality signings out of the deal.

Ibushi was gonna be a tough get because he's already a star in Japan. Guys like Nakamura and Itami who give that up to move halfway around the world, learn a new language, and work their way up the ladder in a new company are the exception not the norm. ZSJ is a little more surprising, but he is an indy superstar and one of a handful of guys right now who can pass on WWE in that situation.

I don't blame ZSJ one bit for not signing.  Yeah, it's great it's going to start Monday but right now it's unproven how it's going to work out.  If he's waiting to make sure the division gets treated right then considers signing then that's a smart move.  I'm sure that due to CWC what he's making now will be a good bit more so he wins either way.  Ibushi seems like a wacky journeyman who can't be tied down.  He's got a helluva reputation and I'm sure will do just fine so good for him.

Meltzer made it seem like ZSJ is interested in signing but there are "things" he wants to do first

It basically seems like he wants to knock some things off his bucket list first and then will sign 

Ibushi wants the ability to still work Japan so who knows if he ever will sign

On 9/15/2016 at 11:52 AM, EVA said:

It has to be a little bit of a black eye on HHH that he couldn't lock up Ibushi or ZSJ, the two guys clearly positioned as the cream of this crop from the start, coming out of this thing.  Maybe Ibushi less so, because he's an odd cat, and there's no accounting for what he decides to do at any moment.  But the biggest company in the world can't seal the deal on the skinny fat lad?

I imagine the negotiations with Ibushi going like this.

HHH: If you wrestle for us and become the face of the Cruiserweight division, we will give you tons of money.

*shows them a literal vault full money*

Ibsuhi: Okay, that is cool. But can I do a moonsault off the titantron at every show?

HHH: What? No.

Ibushi:

prince.gif?w=650

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Has there been any mention of possible landing spots for Ibushi back in Japan? I wonder if New Japan will want him of they think he'll just leave again. DDT and?

I thought there was talk that Ibushi wanted to be freelance and do his Phoenix Institute promotion or something.

I'm curious what the cruiserweights contracts would be like.  I think the discussion from HHH was that they weren't going to put them on the road with the Raw house shows.  I thought the old contracts were based on what they were pulling in on houses with a downside.  If they're not on the road, they're not earning that part.

Have they reworked their pay since they went on the road?  I thought if you were in developmental, you were getting a flat fee originally since they were just doing the florida loop and you weren't going to make a lot of money doing that.  Granted the NXT touring company seems to be drawing bigger houses, but did they ever rework their contracts for that?

It seems odd that they wouldn't have TJP and at least one of the other cruiserweight's going on the road with the Raw crew. To me it would make sense since he's the WWE Cruiserweight champion and to also help build up the division.

I'm probably biased though since I'm going to a Raw house show in October and was hoping to see a couple of them wrestle. 

Didn't someone say it was because Raw already has a big enough roster to support live shows?

I know NXT doesn't stay on the road constantly, but WWE basically has three touring brands right now, so the cruisers keep the NXT brand humming after the callups hurt a bit.

You guys have pretty much covered everything I wanted to say but there's just one thing i'd like to add.

Some of you don't like ZSj's selling. Some of you think Metalik is too flashy and empty-spotty. Some of you dislike the Full Sail crowd. But that's the beauty of pro wrestling and especially this tournament. This whole tournament, as someone else said, was like a Super J tournament, and it's given us the best of what pro wrestling is all about and its what makes me the fan I am, and it's why I love and will always love pro wrestling.

For me, I saw Sabre Jr. and Gallagher for the very first time, I saw a little more of Kota than i've seen before, I saw a BURNING HAMMER!! on my TV on WWE programming which is nuts in itself. I saw genuine (I guess) emotion between Bryan and his story of Kendrick going for it maybe for the last time (until tomorrow tonight or something) and I saw WWE wrestlers going at it without their WWE restrictions. I'm not a huge Mauro guy but I loved him and Bryan calling it, it's a shame neither of them are going to be there to call the Raw action.  

TL:DR My favourite guy was Metalik, and I saw him, Sabre Jr, Gallagher, for the most part Kota all for the first time and it's made me want to watch Raw a lot more than I would normally. And I picked TJP as soon as I saw the final 8 lineup, so that's good.

Shame it's over though, eh?

• Like 3