DVDVR Message Board

CWC EPISODE TEN - SEMIS & FINALS (9/1416)

RIPPA

I know I'll hear it, but mediocre show for me. ZSJ/Metallik was excellent and clearly MOTN in my view. 

The booking of TJ Perkins as some sort of ace is absurd. Yes, they protected the kneebar (which is nice), but dude has been a good athlete and a mediocre wrestler since I've first seen him. Manik was mediocre, Perkins now has weak strikes and offense that looks pretty rather than like it hurts someone. I give him credit that he's smooth on transitions and has decent mat skills, but the Ibushi match was a lesser version of the Cedric Alexander match and the Metallik match had a solid finishing run, but was disjointed as the two guys had a few timing issues.

Tag match was solid.

Perkins being champ and the centerpiece of the division immediately puts me off of it. My interest for it went down about a hundred notches. 

OK show, but not one I'll watch again.

Hunter soaking in the nerd love was pretty priceless and such a Hunter move. 

• Like 2

Great show, but man TJP is a bit of a letdown winner for me. Thought Metalik was amazing in the finals, and he brought out the very best of Sabre Jr. in a match that I had no idea how the style would work. I like TJP, but I never really considered him even a top 5 guy in this tournament, and think putting him in the top 10 would be a stretch. But that was a really really good show, and I'm excited for the Cruisers on Raw.

How about the interviewer who refused to let Metalik's Translator you know, TRANSLATE? 

The look on the Asian lady's face in the front row as Metalik's knee buckled told as good a story as both wrestlers did in the Finals. And I don't mean that in a disparaging way.

• Like 1

Yeah Smelly!!!

I know why they did it but announcing the belt before the Finals gave away the result

Still enjoyed it thought.

EDIT - Dammit, that worked better when it was right after the eat a bag of dicks line

• Like 2

I don't get the HHH hate hard on tonight, either. I know, he didn't put over Booker T in 2003. But if the guy coming out to do a surprise unveiling of the title belt bothers you just because it was HHH, I feel like that's on you.

Not accusing anyone here of that, it was just a strong sentiment on twitter all during the final.

• Like 2

Perkins winning is surprising, but good for him as he's certainly paid his dues.  There were a lot of other people I would have expected to win and would have preferred, but I'll wait and see how the division shakes out.  He's always been solid but unremarkable to me, though I'll admit I haven't seen anything he's done in the past few years.

The card could have used another match or two.  The tag match was good though it looks like they almost botched Ciampa's kickout towards the end.

ZSJ/Metallik was about the best I've seen ZSJ look so far.  Ibushi/Perkins did a good job of selling Perkins as the underdog so it was legit surprising when he won.

8 minutes ago, BL88 said:

i just watched Pinoy Boy beat Mascara Dorada in a 32 man non-employee tournament for a WWE title live on the internet

ten years ago this news would feel like a fever dream

As someone who knew TJ when he was a teenage rookie, I'm ecstatic.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

He's at least better than Sabre Jr. who is right now clearly the most overrated wrestler in the world.

I'm not high on Sabre Jr. either, and his selling is goofy and his strikes were blah.

That said, I much preferred Sabre Jr against Metalik today then TJP Mizing on catching Metalik.

• Like 1

Im perfectly fine having TJP as the champ because it sets up alot of things from a story perspective How many cruiserweights can get heat echoing the same noises in here - You are a fluke, you beat an injured man and then got lucky against Metalik etc...

I can't wait from him to get through a couple of matches with guys like Metalik, Kofi, Alexander etc and then walk right into the wall that is Neville. A heel Neville bossing around the smaller CW guys would be amazing IMO.

• Like 1