DVDVR Message Board

Random stuff you remember that hardly anybody else does

BrianS81177

On 6/17/2020 at 11:56 PM, BloodyChamp said:

I just read that when the One Man Gang came back to WCW, Kevin Sullivan did a ritual to kill Akeem the African Dream and awaken the real One Man Gang. Does anybody remember this or have a link?

Didn't OMG debut in WCW by jumping El Gigante? I don't remember any "ritual" vignettes.

On 5/7/2020 at 5:56 AM, BloodyChamp said:

I didn’t remember this but I just discovered it. What history! Because it’s Scott vs Muta in WCW right...yeah but going deeper than that. When did you ever see the Steiners as faces get their tails totally beat clean on free TV lol! This had to be the only time this ever happened!

That wasn't clean, he used a dirty Karate thrust to the throat. 

• Like 1

teijo-khan-a1ec7f97-d54f-4621-b621-7dd27

I remember a wrestler named(spelling is prolly wrong) named TEEJO KAHN.

He worked for the  N.W.A. back in the 80s(matter of fact he pulled up next to me and my cousin at a redlight, sporting a airbrushed NWA bandana on his head, then he slowly turned and gave me the EVIL EYE and he of course sped off while screeching his tires) . He was totally bald except a long black hair braid that emerged from the crown of his head and flowed down to at least his neck. He mighta been managed for a sec by Paul Jones?!

I dunno if he was part of the whole Jimmy Valiant storyline in which the friggin NEW BREED tag team came back in time to destroy the Boogey Man or what.

Shit, I know Dean of some of you fuggers gotta remember this guy

Edited by damnnearfonzie
Stuff
  • Like 1

Oh yeah...then there was that time when Kevin Sullivan was using his crazy ass Satanic Cult/worshipper persons and I'd just turned the dial on the tv to watch some wrasslin, when literal pandemonium was breaking loose inside the wrestling arena, Sullivan was scaring the white out of the fans in attendance, he'd bloodied his opponent with a brilliant blade job and the creshendo which topped everything off was the moment the entire wrestling area's lights were extinguished and the arena was pitch black!!! I can only imagine what kids my age were feeling like, stuck inside a n arena with no lights, and a devilworshipping madman who was wielding a bloody ice pick running loose!

When the announcers came back on They EXPLAINED that Kevin Sullivan had turned the lights off with his MIND!!!

Anyone else recall this?!kevin-sullivan-picture-18_crop_north.jpg

3 hours ago, damnnearfonzie said:

teijo-khan-a1ec7f97-d54f-4621-b621-7dd27

I remember a wrestler named(spelling is prolly wrong) named TEEJO KAHN.

He worked for the  N.W.A. back in the 80s(matter of fact he pulled up next to me and my cousin at a redlight, sporting a airbrushed NWA bandana on his head, then he slowly turned and gave me the EVIL EYE and he of course sped off while screeching his tires) . He was totally bald except a long black hair braid that emerged from the crown of his head and flowed down to at least his neck. He mighta been managed for a sec by Paul Jones?!

I dunno if he was part of the whole Jimmy Valiant storyline in which the friggin NEW BREED tag team came back in time to destroy the Boogey Man or what.

Shit, I know Dean of some of you fuggers gotta remember this guy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, damnnearfonzie said:

Oh yeah...then there was that time when Kevin Sullivan was using his crazy ass Satanic Cult/worshipper persons and I'd just turned the dial on the tv to watch some wrasslin, when literal pandemonium was breaking loose inside the wrestling arena, Sullivan was scaring the white out of the fans in attendance, he'd bloodied his opponent with a brilliant blade job and the creshendo which topped everything off was the moment the entire wrestling area's lights were extinguished and the arena was pitch black!!! I can only imagine what kids my age were feeling like, stuck inside a n arena with no lights, and a devilworshipping madman who was wielding a bloody ice pick running loose!

When the announcers came back on They EXPLAINED that Kevin Sullivan had turned the lights off with his MIND!!!

Anyone else recall this?!kevin-sullivan-picture-18_crop_north.jpg

In Florida?

On 6/17/2020 at 9:56 PM, BloodyChamp said:

I just read that when the One Man Gang came back to WCW, Kevin Sullivan did a ritual to kill Akeem the African Dream and awaken the real One Man Gang. Does anybody remember this or have a link?

I dunno, I watched WCW religiously and never, ever missed any of Sullivan's antics (one of my great guilty pleasures in wrestling) and I have zero recollection of this. I don't want to say 100% that it's bullshit, but I'd think that I would recall it or have it on my 15 DVD Sullivan comp if it ever actually happened. 

9 minutes ago, OSJ said:

I dunno, I watched WCW religiously and never, ever missed any of Sullivan's antics (one of my great guilty pleasures in wrestling) and I have zero recollection of this. I don't want to say 100% that it's bullshit, but I'd think that I would recall it or have it on my 15 DVD Sullivan comp if it ever actually happened. 

I'm going to say it didn't happen. The burden on proof is on the other side at this point.

At least these skits exist though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wow, lookit those gig marks. Who knew Bobby was such a blade freak? 

Considering that he started at what, 16 or 17? It's really not surprising that he'd accumulate that much scar tissue by his 30s. I seem to recall that he juiced a lot when in Memphis, (but didn't everyone?)

Florida is 1 of the hardest things to find stuff from, but my old man used to go to all of their shows so he would always chuckle at Kevin Sullivan and mark out but pretend he wasn’t at Dusty Rhodes. On top of that as senile as he was, Crimson Mask from Wrestling Classics was a Florida vault. His mind was to Florida what Jim Cornette’s is to Memphis. I’m assuming he has passed but that where I always found Florida information.

Edited by BloodyChamp
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, gordi said:

Somebody help me out here. Does anyone else remember when pro wrestling was a pleasant diversion from everything going to shit? It seems like it wasn't all that long ago, but it also seems like it was years and years ago.

It was that even before things went to shit. I had a great childhood. Good parents. Good grandparents. Just a freaking good life. But even back then wrestling was an hour long fantasy trip to another world somehow. That was the best part. 

• Like 1