DVDVR Message Board

Random stuff you remember that hardly anybody else does

BrianS81177

21 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I Wiki'd Fonzie to see if there was anything interesting on there and it turns out he's stepbrother to Bob Roop and cousin to Fidel Sierra. He was also on Judge Mathis because Missy Hyatt sued him for damaging her Porsche (?).

That all qualifies as interesting to me. 

House Hunters shows are also a work.  They won't put you on the show unless you've got an accepted offer in on a home already.  The house you end up "choosing" on the show is the one you're already buying.  The other two are friends' houses, other homes on the market, whatever.

If it's on TV, it's a work, brother.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

She got $500 from Fonzie. That from a guy so cheap he pulled a bunch of cans on top of himself in a grocery store in a fake slip-n-fall after his arm got broke in the ring is a lot. 

HA! That's carnie right there

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

The fake Beverly is either Mike Starr or Chris Katowski.  Those are the only two singles TV opponents he had with the new outfit.

It's Mike Starr AKA "Gorgeous" Michelle Starr and he wasn't working as a fake Beverly.

He's wearing tights similar to the Beverly's colors in this tag match with Larry Sampson vs. The Godwins.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Remember that brief moment in time when Jamie Noble and Kid Kash were teamed together and called The Pitbulls? And were sorta getting a push and put over by JBL a lot on commentary before Kash did what he does best and quit?

Didn't they have a pretty good match with London and Kendrick during their long title run?

That reminds me of another forgotten 2006 tag team: The Teacher's Pets (KC James and Idol Stevens aka Damien Sandow managed by Michelle McCool)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

Didn't they have a pretty good match with London and Kendrick during their long title run?

That reminds me of another forgotten 2006 tag team: The Teacher's Pets (KC James and Idol Stevens aka Damien Sandow managed by Michelle McCool)

I remember this quite a bit.  Very short-lived, but long enough to see Michelle try the sexy teacher look on TV and in magazine.

11 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Remember that brief moment in time when Jamie Noble and Kid Kash were teamed together and called The Pitbulls? And were sorta getting a push and put over by JBL a lot on commentary before Kash did what he does best and quit?

I thought for sure they'd be managed by Francine in WWECW.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

I was searching for something randomly and found this thread. I read the first page and I remember the WCW All Nighter. That was a rare well done look back by WCW who hardly ever did such and butchered it when they did. And the comedy mentioned in between was actually funny. 

I don’t remember Joe Leduc but I learned about him in a funny way. My old boss used to call me that because he said I looked like him. I checked and...yep lol! Then I found the axe blood promo lol!

I have a ton of stuff running around in my head that belongs here. I’ve posted some of it in the Old School Questions thread like the NWF stuff.

• Like 1

Does anyone else remember Jos LeDuc's brief WWF run in 1988 with Frenchy Martin as his manager? It was during the time Frenchy would carry a sign that said "USA IS NOT OK" to the ring.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2