DVDVR Message Board

UFC 203: Miočić vs. Overeem (9/10/2016) - Cleveland, OH (Quicken Loans Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh fuck. Punk, please, don't go through this again.

You realize there are some complete jobbers out there who aren't legit brown belts in BJJ or up and coming prospects right? The fight would be horrible looking, but still...

2 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

And gets a payday he doesn't deserve for being a punchline. Fuck him.

Easy now - he probably earned that payday. His fight alone probably brought in enough to justify his paycheck (based on this thread at least).

You could argue that he didn't deserve to be on the main card / taking a spot away from somebody who deserved it but that only made sense in 2003/4 again when UFC was running 5-6 shows a year and putting the dude who beat Kimbo on a ppv card.

Oh shit, guess the next fight stated? I'm out.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

"THIS MOTHERFUCKER HAS NOTHING ON YOU!"

Except for giant punches, a fucking flying side kick, some other crazy kicks, etc.

Edmond is the same coach who told Rousey to keep doing what she was doing in the 1st round of the Holm fight. So yeah he's a horrible corner man!

2 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Edmond is the same coach who told Rousey to keep doing what she was doing in the 1st round of the Holm fight. So yeah he's a horrible corner man!

Oh, I know. He's fucking horrible and only went there because of Ronda. Edmond is not good.

14 minutes ago, Casey said:

Never can tell with you two.

Man, I have openly talked about how fat and out of shape I am. If you couldn't figure out I wasn't being serious, that's on you for not reading the room properly.

Good on Punk for giving it a go, but some dreams just aren't meant to become reality.  He's 36 years old, was never known for his athleticism, and had to learn everything from scratch when almost anyone he faced was going to have years in the game ahead of him.  That's like me trying to become a pro tennis player to take on Serena Williams.  Sure, I can make the effort.  But that's all I would be doing.  Because I sure ain't going to win.

Just looking at that photo makes me wince.  Punk's ear looks like it was chewed on by a Rottweiler. 

I admire determination, but I also admire knowing one's limits.  Good on Mr. Brooks for having the moxy for going after this.  And may he never do it ever again.