DVDVR Message Board

The Saturday Night Live thread

ChesterCopperpot

Boy, Taran Killam's Christoph Waltz impression is really not up to the standard of the others up there.

Yeah I had no idea who he was supposed to be and if not for the name, would never have guessed by the impression.

That said, I'm loving the first hour. Jeopardy was great, I loved the opening montage and I thought the auditions clip was great.

Jeopardy is the only thing that really made me laugh so far.

I feel like I've seen almost all of those audition tapes from one source or another over the years. Although the failed auditions were interesting. Poor Colbert got rejected by everybody back in the day.

Is Chevy Chase turning into Mr. Creosote?

On Twitter it is being called his "Ultimate Warrior moment"   :(

How you do a segment with all of the News Update people without Dennis Miller is baffling.  I mean if Norm McDonald can show up for SNL then Miller should

Yeah I am going to be bummed if Eddie Murphy only gets a minute and Kanye gets to do 2 or 3 songs including what seemed like a Eric Garner NYC protest song

Apparently they have been doing RIP Jon Lovitz jokes for years.  That is the first time I saw and thought it was funny as hell   :lol:

I'm watching a west coast feed so I'm only an hour in. Dirty Sean Connery still slays me, as did the Burt Reynolds/Andre the Giant thing.

Having an audience full of celebs was a mistake though. You'd think trained actors would understand how to pop for a joke.

I'm always baffled by Robert fucking De Niro being a guy that consistently fumbles lines when I have seen him live.

Paul McCartney sounds so bad he could almost be Sting on the quality scale.

Shocked there isn't more buzz on the ol' Net about Myley Cyrus just laying "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" to waste. All of the tabloid bullshit hides the fact that she can sing her ass off.

Eddie Murphy's 30-second talk after all that hype was, well, amusing.

LIked the Samberg and Sandler song, and kept waiting for them to bring up Jimmy Fallon. Whey they did, it was awesome.

They had to do so much new stuff because their audience is gonna be gigantic and they're hoping to show off the new kids to people who (rightly) gave up on SNL ages ago.

I don't honestly see how this show's so bad these days. They're NBC. They can afford more and better writers. SNL's like the Washington Redskins - huge payroll, still losers. You'd think with all that money they could buy a decent team, but oh well. Guess we'lll be reminded about how it used to be good in another 10 years. Paul Simon will sing from the comfort of his Rascal.

I don't honestly see how this show's so bad these days. They're NBC. They can afford more and better writers. SNL's like the Washington Redskins - huge payroll, still losers. You'd think with all that money they could buy a decent team, but oh well. Guess we'lll be reminded about how it used to be good in another 10 years. Paul Simon will sing from the comfort of his Rascal.

Is it possible that it's a WWE type scenario? That the guy in charge, with his fingers in every single aspect of the show, is just out of touch? Maybe a 70-year-old Lorne Michaels just doesn't know what's funny anymore.

On Eddie Murphy - I think he's just not funny anymore. Or maybe he has no desire to be. His string of box office bombs must have done some damage to his psyche.