DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On September 22, 2016 at 10:45 PM, Chaos said:

We still have a whole season for him to bring out Bauer's magic duffel bag and start snapping terrorist necks. 

I watch this with my 6 year old. Seems like that's the ideal audience education-wise. But he likes his President Show and he wants Kirkman to be a good president. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Hollywood Reporter is saying NBC is now working on TV adaptations of both The Italian Job and Taken

Lethal Weapon is not a bad buddy cop show and the first episode of The Exorcist was very strong, but this trend of turning an old movie into a television series is getting preposterous.

Rush Hour was totally worthless.

Watching the previews for The Great Indoors, I'm assuming this is one of those deals where Joel McHale did the pilot thinking it wouldn't get picked up for series in a million years and it was a quick cash grab for $30,000 or whatever he got for it, and then to his horror it was picked up for series.

On 9/28/2016 at 11:40 PM, odessasteps said:

I believe this is dropping in US\UK same day. 

claire foy as liz, matt smith as philip, john lithgow as churchill, some GOT alumni naturally 

I never minded Prince Phillip all too much.

I mean, I know he's an outspoken, grumpy old prick.  But then he is from the WW2 era. 

You know most veterans from that generation just say whatever the hell they want, PC or consequences be damned.    

He's like the Hank Hill's dad of royalty. 

• RIPPA unpinned and locked this topic