DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2016

Dolfan in NYC

• 2 weeks later...

Trivia question: Ryan Giggs played 632 Premier League games in his career. In how many of those games was he fouled in the area, and his team consequently awarded a penalty?

48 minutes ago, AxB said:

Trivia question: Ryan Giggs played 632 Premier League games in his career. In how many of those games was he fouled in the area, and his team consequently awarded a penalty?

I hope the answer is at least 200. :)

Atletico Nacional has requested that CONMEBOL cancel the Copa Sudamericana finals and award Chapecoense the trophy.

Brazilian first-division clubs have issued a formal request to the national federation that Chapecoense not be relegated for the next three years. They're also volunteering to lend the club players for the 2017 season.

Sympathy from two other clubs with shared history in a sense:

(First and hopefully last time a United tweet drives me to tears. Dammit.)

On the other side of the story....

the President of the club apparently stll wants the game played. And he could not go to Colombia for the match, for fear of FBI arrest. So, one of the club VPs went in his place and was killed in the crash. 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Atletico Nacional has requested that CONMEBOL cancel the Copa Sudamericana finals and award Chapecoense the trophy.

Brazilian first-division clubs have issued a formal request to the national federation that Chapecoense not be relegated for the next three years. They're also volunteering to lend the club players for the 2017 season.

Sympathy from two other clubs with shared history in a sense:

(First and hopefully last time a United tweet drives me to tears. Dammit.)

One of the players who died on the plane was at Atletico Madrid with David De Gea.