DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

From an SB Nation interview:

I sat down with Hart on Friday morning and asked him, of all his musical accomplishments both in and out of wrestling, which one is he the proudest of? The answer came quickly. "Probably 'Sexy Boy,' [for] Shawn Michaels, doing that. Because he's always kept it alive."

"[Michaels] told me a story," Hart continued. "When he took time off [in 1998] and then came back [in 2002], [WWE asked him], 'Hey, do you want to change your music and do heavier?' And he said, 'No. I came in with this song and I want to go out with it.' So that was an honor for us. It's still one of the most played songs around. It just lasted ever since [Shawn started his singles career]."

Some of y'all have never heard Vince's version of "Sexy Boy?" I really dig seeing your reactions to hearing it for the first time. It pretty much confirms that Vince really, really, REALLY wanted to bang Michaels. Everything about it is amazing. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Why oh why would that be the greatest achievement of Hart's career? Did he make an insane amount of money off it or something?

Probably because millions and millions of people have heard it. More people probably know that song than his hit with the Gentrys. It's kinda like how I'm proud that half a million people a week used to look at my work, now it's probably 10,000 a day, so I'm not as underground cool anymore.

Ooof - Jamie Knoble stabbed twice currently in a WV Hospital

The Mercer County Sheriff’s Office tells us Jamie allegedly returned home early in the morning from a WWE event after a long drive, and then left to get a snack while his girlfriend took a bath.

We’re told upon returning to Shadowood mobile home park, a driver pulled in behind his car and got out to accuse Jamie of cutting him off on the road. Jamie allegedly apologized, but the two men continued to argue and Noble eventually took the man to the ground when things got physical.

Police officials say 2 other men got out of the suspect’s car at that point, and at least one stabbed Jamie — once in the upper back and once in the mid-back/spine area — before taking off.

EMS were called and Jamie Noble was eventually treated, then taken to the emergency room.

Our sources say he’s currently in the hospital, but no longer in the ER. His current condition is unclear.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic