DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Roman needs the D-Lo head bob as well.

Jesus, could you imagine??  All that Jheri curl juice flying all over the place.  The audience would get messier than a Gallagher set.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, nate said:

Jesus, could you imagine??  All that Jheri curl juice flying all over the place.  The audience would get messier than a Gallagher set.

New merch idea, the Roman Reigns poncho

When it Reigns it pours...

Or for his detractors, When it Reigns it bores

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, jstout said:

Has anyone been more fantasy booked than Roman Reigns? Everybody's got a take on how to rehabilitate him (as an example, turn him heel, give him a mouthpiece and if the fans turn him, yay, and if they don't, yay)

On this board? Bunkhouse Buck.

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Bunkhouse Buck is already Jack Swagger's dad.  And shit, Dick Slater is RIGHT THERE.

Heath Slater can't be Buck's kid also? Bunkhouse Buck is probably like Big Daddy Dudley, with kids all over.

Imagine a stable of Bunkhouse Buck, Col. Parker, Dick Slater, Heath Slater, Swagger, and Rhyno showing up on both shows causing mayhem. 

• Like 3

So my wife just shocked the hell out of me by getting me a meet and greet ticket plus ringside seat for the NXT show in Melbourne in December as a birthday gift.

Super fucking excited doesn't even begin to explain this right now...

• Like 14

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

What did he say? I'm old and Reddit scares me

Full ama is here

His, and his mouthpiece claim that he's the new beast incarnate, or whatever he refers to him as. He's acting like he's the first wrestler to hold a belt in both wrestling and UFC.

Yet, I carried my NWA title out to the cage, and it sat next to my UFC title. Brock never did that.

And you know? One of us has never tested positive for PEDs, and one of us have not. WWE made such a big deal about him coming out at UFC 200. In one year, I kept up with the WWF's schedule, working NWA, and cage fighting. I was on the road 20 days a month. I had to look in my daily planner to find out if I was a cage fighter or professional wrestler at the time.

The point is, Brock has done a total of NINE matches in his entire career. I did EIGHT in one year while under contract with the WWE. So once again, there IS no comparison.

• Like 3

Dan Severn does have a point. In fact, it's pretty striking how they have similarly been portrayed:

Both had a mouthpiece, both had a prize fighter aura, both got in the ring, did the business and got out. Just a shame that Severn came through in the wrong era and couldn't commit fully to the WWF schedule.

I remember thinking Severn was the most vicious guy out there when he came into WWF, he had this respectable look but once he got in the ring he turned into an animal. He's probably the last legitimate badass-shooter NWA champion too

• Like 1