DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

5 minutes ago, D.Z said:

It's growing on me. The crown throw back of the 90s helps.

I wasn't a fan of the crown V2 of the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. My biggest issue with this design is the shape of the main plate. Hope it grows on me because it's not doing it right now.

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

The new belt inherits designs elements from 4 IWGP HW designs, and the previous IC

main_c05eb0631195db0e3ece5d897f6e2735.JP

Only things I can see is the shape of the main plate like the IWGP Heavyweight Championship V2 crown and the holes in the strap from V3 and V4. Any ideas on the others you mention, @D.Z?

Two tone metal like last HW, radial lines and smaller size like the first IWGP, side buckle is said to be like IC. The lion logo mark is based on both IWGP gen 4 and the third IC. The middle logo has upper and lower brackets modified from both previous unified belts.

The wings repesent the IWGP HW third belt.

I think Kota wants to amplify Inoki and Shinya, he mentioned both in promos. 

Edited by D.Z
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, D.Z said:

Two tone metal like last HW, radial lines and smaller size like the first IWGP, side buckle is said to be like IC. The lion logo mark is based on both IWGP gen 4 and the third IC. The middle logo has upper and lower brackets modified from both previous unified belts.

I think Kota wants to amplify Inoki and Shinya, he mentioned both in promos. 

I forgot to mention the two tone metal. Messed up there. Cheers for the additional info, @D.Z. Appreciate that.

• Like 1

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Not a fan, looks second-rate compared to the others. But it's the wrestling that matters, isn't it?