DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

The belt was made to celebrate Inoki vs Thesz at Inoki's 30th anniversary party, also the title was for athletes in Pro-Wrestling and Martial Arts. The club "designated" the opponents and defenses in kayfabe. In reality just another version of something like the IWGP committee and test out another belt, keep in mind most of the members never really had any say.

Greatest 18 Club just meant the 18 guys I've listed below.

Spoiler

Lou Thesz

Karl Gotch

Nick Bockwinkel

Johnny Powers

Johnny valentine

Andre the Giant

Tiger Jeet Singh (Tiger Jeet Singh was expelled later and Dusty Rhodes joined the group instead )

Stan Hansen

Wim Ruska

Bill Robinson

Hiro Matsuda

Bob Backlund

Verne Gagne

Strong Kobayashi

Hulk Hogan

Muhammad Ali

Seiji Sakaguchi

Antonio Inoki

Great Muta deemed the title worthless and the title disappeared.

Edited by D.Z

3 hours ago, The Great ML said:

I never quite understood the Greatest 18 concept...so that title could only be defended among the circle of wrestlers that were retired or not part of NJ?

I thought Feinstein came up with it. 

Maybe I pretended he did. ??‍♂️

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 1

ExNBE15VEAM7Dua?format=jpg&name=large

The Undertaker beat Sycho Sid to win the WWF Championship in the main event of WrestleMania 13. Always thought it was cool how Undertaker brought back this ring attire, the classic and best look of the Undertaker.

More people are fine in Japan or indifferent with the new title coming. It's not like those matches with the previous belts never existed or their records don't stand anymore even if closed. 

Anyway say goodbye to both.

Ew62ALOUYAIjZrh.jpg

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, D.Z said:

More people are fine in Japan or indifferent with the new title coming. It's not like those matches with the previous belts never existed or their records don't stand anymore even if closed. 

Anyway say goodbye to both.

Ew62ALOUYAIjZrh.jpg

Beautiful belts. Saddened to see them go.

Because US Wrestling fans are spoiled children that always act like they don't get their way and change is different, even though NJPW hasn't shown overall to warrant the reaction they're getting to the belt unification, aside from Kenny isn't gonna be on the IWGP pre-match roll call.