DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

24 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Triple Crown

Dd2FuNdU8AEui9J.jpg

PWF

1200px-PWF%E3%83%98%E3%83%93%E3%83%BC%E7

pwfbelt.jpg

I like the short chains connecting the plates, always have. Wouldn't mind if somebody decided to use that little detail in some of the current titles as well.

...and judging by the Mutoh "I have all the belts in the universe" -photo earlier in the page, those can apparently still be found on some newer titles, which makes me happy!

Edited by Shartnado
That Mutoh pic, tho!
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, D.Z said:

Replicas from Japan. WHC, from RisingSunbelt

Two tone 

fandubiggoldreplicadual_01.jpg

As much as I love Big Gold am I crazy in that I kind of prefer the two-tone version?  The text stands out better as well as other little details.

• Like 1

Well said, Bret Hart. The WWF Winged Eagle Championship should never have been replaced. That, Big Gold and the fourth version of the IWGP Heavyweight Championship are the gold standard of wrestling belts.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, D.Z said:

Replicas from Japan. WHC, from RisingSunbelt

Gold

IMG_20190115_140356.jpg

Two tone 

fandubiggoldreplicadual_01.jpg

These aren't from Japan, BUT, they are considered the best and most affordable Big Gold copies, for those who are into collecting. Fandu Belts. Miles better than the WWE Shop ones. They recently released a highly regarded copy of the original Crumrine belt that Flair debuted and was used until about 2000 (not pictured above).

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Thanks 1

The former International tags of the combined World tags still have chains

20210315-00010000-battlen-000-1-view.jpg

While Onita is supposedly doing something with the old All Asia's tags

EgwYeNEVoAcm5fy.jpg

Modern replicas of the NWA International Tags

internationaltag_01.jpg

Anyway maybe the Triple Crown is next to be redone for AJPW if Suwama gets what he wants. The single title would be split into 3 again as PWF, UN, Inter.

• Like 3

On 4/7/2021 at 1:48 AM, Shartnado said:

I like the short chains connecting the plates, always have. Wouldn't mind if somebody decided to use that little detail in some of the current titles as well.

The one that this thread has shown is that chains make any belt 400 times more bad ass.

• Like 3