DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

I'm not exactly sure what Night King's abilities are but he touched Bran in what was I believe a flashback and he noticed Bran had warged into a raven and was watching over them, He seems damn near OP. That said,  he's vulnerable to all things magical dragon related so his acquiring an ice dragon is essential. 

Yeah, if he was supposed to have been setting a trap it's even worse writing for all the reasons touched upon.  It'd also raise a borderline amazing issue: if they in fact need a dragon to get past the wall (I don't know that this is the case, but I've seen speculation that this is where things are heading) then in fact the realm was in no danger until Jon hatched this plan and Dany came to save the day.  They've essentially killed everyone with their plan, their stupid stupid plan.

6 hours ago, tigertooth said:

So if the Night King's plan was to use Jon & Co as bait, when did he come up with that plan? Did he know they were coming?  Did he plan to encounter them right by the semi-frozen lake so he could trap them?  If so, why did he let the dead attack when they did?  Did he know Dany was nearly there?

The Night King probably always expected to accouter the dragons eventually (since Dany's raising of said dragons) and planned ahead. Jon & Co falling at his lap accelerated said plans.

The wall would not have held up either way since he can just throw bodies at it. Heck, the Wildlings were almost successful with their push back when.

What's the Night King's endgame? This differs from other zombie fiction in that they have a leader. They're not just mindlessly devouring people. What does he do once he's killed and reanimated every human? Does he sit on the Iron Throne and rule over the wights?

It makes me wonder how much control he has over his actions. If he's just doing what the Children of the Forest programmed him to do, then he's like a dog chasing a car. Once he catches it, he has no idea what to do with it.

Maybe once he turns every man into a wight, he'll focus on turning every non-human. He'll be like Orson Lannister, except he'll spend all his time giving beetles blue eyes instead of smashing them.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, tigertooth said:

So if the Night King's plan was to use Jon & Co as bait, when did he come up with that plan? Did he know they were coming?  Did he plan to encounter them right by the semi-frozen lake so he could trap them?  If so, why did he let the dead attack when they did?  Did he know Dany was nearly there?

I don't think the Night King was setting a trap.  The reason the dead weren't attacking is because a good number of them fell through the ice and the Night King prevented them from continuing to "drown".  They only attacked after The Hound threw the second rock and it glided over the ice showing it had frozen over.  The fact dragons came was just luck/fate for the Night King.  The spear didn't look much different than his generals main weapons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Speaking of Tyrion's plans ...

How well will Wildfire work on the undead? 

Should work well on the wights themselves.  The Walkers and the Night King maybe differently. 

As you may remember from the last episode, the Night King did not seem to suffer any ill effects from the flames when he walked over the pile of burning wights to throw his javelin.

The Night King has subverted fire a couple times already, so it looks like at least he can subvert flames.  Being the final boss, that's not suprising, as it'll probably take either a dragonglass weapon (which made him in the first place), or Longclaw to kill him.  I only say Longclaw because it's pretty obivious that the final battle is Jon vs. Night King.