DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

23 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Arya is Ambrose yeah?

The Sand Snakes of Dorne are ths Social Outcasts.

Hound is Kane. Brother burned him in a fire and all that.

Snow is Balor. Part hero, part demon. Took some time to build the momentum.but is now a favorite.

Oberyn is Eddie Guerrero. The most charismatic guy on the show who slay the beast but was taken from us too soon.

Gendry is JTG. Young and has potential but clearly the writers forgot he exists.

Dany is Cena. We have been told she is the #1 face for years but its getting old.

The Dragons are Brock Lesnar. Unstoppable monsters who only show up every now and then to wreck house.

A few comments...

If Hound is Kane then The Mountain is the Undertaker, clearly a dead man walking. 

Love the Eddie Oberyn comparison

No way Balor is Jon Snow. Jon Snow is main event and Balor will never reach those heights. 

1 hour ago, goodhelmet said:

It doesn't totally fit. Everyone doesn't boo whenever Ellaria Sand appears onscreen, and Raquel Diaz wasn't a disappointment on the level of the Sand Snakes.

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

It doesn't totally fit. Everyone doesn't boo whenever Ellaria Sand appears onscreen, and Raquel Diaz wasn't a disappointment on the level of the Sand Snakes.

I dunno. Ellaria Sand might have Vicki heat.

I didn't realize it at first but for all the Varys teleporting jokes we all made..  if you look at the map, it makes sense that Dany's ships probably sailed by Sunspear and met up with Varys, Dorne and Highgarden and are now traveling the Narrow Sea towards King's Landing. It looks like she'll probably arrive in the first episode of season 7. If we're wondering well how does House Tyrell have ships there also. Some time lapsed between Cersei claiming the Iron Throne. I would guess Olenna set sail for Sunspear as well and has a small fleet with her. then they all left together.

FP11393P.jpg

On Saturday, July 02, 2016 at 7:15 AM, goodhelmet said:

A few comments...

If Hound is Kane then The Mountain is the Undertaker, clearly a dead man walking. 

No way Balor is Jon Snow. Jon Snow is main event and Balor will never reach those heights. 

Nobody (other than book readers/indy fans) thought Snow would be a main eventer when the show started.

Give Balor a cpuple of years and he will be main eventing.

7 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Nobody (other than book readers/indy fans) thought Snow would be a main eventer when the show started.

Which shouldn't have bee true though and I don't remember if it was.  Like, I can't actually remember what I thought.  The initial cast was so big and dizzying it was hard to focus.  But...the pretty, downtrodden "bastard" whose background is a mystery...he should have screamed "PRINCE IN DISGUISE!!" If fantasy tells us anything it's that orphans, etc. are always princes/princesses in disguise.

That and his early scene with Tyrion should have been enough.

• Like 1

Has anyone done a video like that for Olly?  From his side, he avenged the death of his parents only to be betrayed by his mentor and leader, only to get revenge himself by striking the death blow to take back the Watch from the traitor. 

Then the epilogue with staring straight hatred into the demon's eyes as he is executed, defiant to the end. 

Heck, maybe I'll do it. I need to test the new workstation. 

You...undying thousands pledged their loyalty to you, but when it was time to stop doing talk shows and start typing, you refused the coawrl.

And you...your publisher gave you a huge advance, three personal assistants, and an IV line of crushed tostitos, but when they asked how many pages you had, you refused the coawrl.

And you...a major cable network gave you more free advertising than any author has had since Margaret Mitchell, but when it was time stop gloating at comiccon and finish the damned book, you refused the coawrl.

• Like 8

It's fake. GRRM isn't on twitter (and never has been). His only social media is his not-a-blog on livejournal.

The tweet where he complained about not being invited to the West-Kardashian wedding? Not him.

And in the book, Maege Mormont (the Old Bear's sister) is still lady of Bear Island, and she has 4 living Daughters (her eldest was killed at the Red Wedding). Lyanna is the name of the youngest though.

Yeah. The look of him on Game of Thrones kept tripping me out because he looked so much like Gerald McRaney as William Randolph Hearst on Deadwood and Raymond Tusk on House of Cards.

• 3 weeks later...