DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

10 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Hide contents

It could also be a flashback of some sort, or a dream sequence if she starts hallucinating due to the injuries.

Spoiler

Or it could be Jaquan as Syrio.  Perhaps he was Syrio the whole time and that is why Jaquan was with the caravan to the wall.  So in a way that means Syrio is dead dead. 

The latter. Its one of the things i cant stand about modern Doctor Who: there have prob been between 5 to 10 characters killed who have been brought through hocus pocus, timey wimey and what not.

In a related note, mY friend gave me an extremely convoluted theory about the facless men, the greyjoys and dragon eggs i couldnt possibly replicate. 

This felt like a bunch of let-downs.  Like every fan theory about every story line from this week, no matter how stupid, was 1000X more interesting than anything that actually happened.  They had like six different amazing things set up and decided to just deflate them all or fizzle them out.

- No battle at Riverrun

- No confrontation for Brienne.  She showed up and just...sailed away.

- No Lady S.

- No faceless switheroos

- no Syrio Forel (that one is hilarious when watching that moment actually happen)

- No Clegane Bowl

- No trial by combat at all.

- The Waif dies off-camera

- The Blackfish just slinks away and then dies off camera.

- Arya's thing was just a generic chase scene.  No fight at the end.  and the faceless Joe is just like "Watev's go home now."

Goddamn. After an entire season of moving people into exactly these positions, and with only two episodes left, they spend this episode...re-setting everyone to different positions?

• Like 2

Turns out that was just a random background dude with an afro who buys his clothes at the same place Syrio did. And there were no twists to explain why Arya was so careless in the previous episode. She's just a moron.

• Like 1

Well she gained a lot of fighting skill and possibly some powers that will be fruitful in the near future but it did take for fucking ever. 

No matter. I could have told you there would be no battle at Riverrun. They weren't going to have a bunch of people nobody cares about square off in an epic battle where it might overshadow or take away from Bastard Bowl. 

I agree though, it would have been satisfying to see Waif get dropped.  It would have also been cooler to have a trial by combat with The Mountain. But I'm hoping he'll just run through The Faith like Kane in the Royal Rumble.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2016 at 9:04 PM, EVA said:

Once again, a quote box from last week that I already posted won't go away.

The High Sparrow keeps outsmarting Cersei in increasingly funny and frustrating ways.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, piranesi said:

This felt like a bunch of let-downs.  Like every fan theory about every story line from this week, no matter how stupid, was 1000X more interesting than anything that actually happened.  They had like six different amazing things set up and decided to just deflate them all or fizzle them out.

- No battle at Riverrun

- No confrontation for Brienne.  She showed up and just...sailed away.

- No Lady S.

- No faceless switheroos

- no Syrio Forel (that one is hilarious when watching that moment actually happen)

- No Clegane Bowl

- No trial by combat at all.

- The Waif dies off-camera

- The Blackfish just slinks away and then dies off camera.

- Arya's thing was just a generic chase scene.  No fight at the end.  and the faceless Joe is just like "Watev's go home now."

Goddamn. After an entire season of moving people into exactly these positions, and with only two episodes left, they spend this episode...re-setting everyone to different positions?

At first, I let out an audible groan and then started laughing. Massive disappointment.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

The Waif was like a medieval t-1000 in that scene ... Until the end.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking, too.  The actress was painfully blatant in mimicking Robert Patrick's body language.  And while I actually did like the way Arya managed to win, that whole chase scene was just fucking terrible.  It's inexcusable to ask us to buy Arya doing a Jason Bourne parkour chase after she'd been halfway disemboweled in the previous episode, every one of her wounds should've ripped wide open as soon as she made that first jump, let alone the next dozen.  And it seemed kinda silly to end with that storyline, when the battle at Meereen was the biggest new storyline and they probably should have used Dany's return for the last scene.  

But hey, at least we got a scene's worth of Brondrick and Tarthslayer back together again.  

Jaime letting Edmure know exactly where his people stand in the scheme of things was a great scene. Cersie is going to burn the Sept down before the Mountain has a chance to rip anymore heads off.

BERIC!!

1 minute ago, Jrag said:

Jaime letting Edmure know exactly where his people stand in the scheme of things was a great scene. Cersie is going to burn the Sept down before the Mountain has a chance to rip anymore heads off.

BERIC!!

Yep - I bet that's exactly what Qyburn was telling her about - his little birds have found wildfire

It was impossible for me to care about the Arya thing between the revelation that she actually was that stupid and her Wolverine healing powers that allowed her to run and jump everywhere after getting badly stabbed less than 24 hours prior.  And the waif running after Arya at some points (like the cool shot where she was blurry in the background running along the ledge) then slowly walking later.  

As others have pointed out, there was good stuff in this episode, but it was overshadowed by "Man, this Arya story is the shits".