DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

Euron is also the second-most screwed over character by the 'Everyone must wear brown' rule (Daario is first). Book Euron looks something like this:

Spoiler

euron_greyjoy_fini_by_masteryue-d8dsvx5.

nb: Daario is supposed to look like this: 

Daario_Naharis.jpg

You're supposed to hate him, if that wasn't obvious.

EDIT: What are these?

fcf725e3af421b6d6abcb7504441fd60.jpg

Yeah, I never understood the "browning". Specially because of the criticism of "so hard to keep up with so many characters" some pizzazz would help people stand out. Imagine the Brave Companions in all their weirdness instead of that guy called Locke and his bunch of guys.

32 minutes ago, MarcosLoura said:

Yeah, I never understood the "browning". Specially because of the criticism of "so hard to keep up with so many characters" some pizzazz would help people stand out. Imagine the Brave Companions in all their weirdness instead of that guy called Locke and his bunch of guys.

That would help. However, I think a more valid criticism is that you forget certain characters are on the show. Not this season, but it happened with me for Yara. I was like, "HOLY SHIT, THE IRONBORN STORYLINE IS STILL A THING?!".

I didn't even read the books, and I'm kinda pissed how they've pretty relegated this whole thing to moving in circles. I wanna like Euron, but something doesn't work for me. It just seems weird that Yara has been depicted as fearless and the leader of the Ironborn along with having their support. Euron shows up out of nowhere, and now Yara and Theon have to flee with their best ships because Euron is suppose to be the new leader. The best Ironborn men will follow Yara on a suicide mission to save her brother, but it's divisive once another Greyjoy (with his dick intact) shows up. I don't get it.

• Like 1

One thing Marcos didn't mention was that the horn Euron brings, causes the poor guy who blows it to collapse covered in blood, with burns on his lips (and presumably down into his lungs). The dude basically sacrificed himself to blow this horn for Euron Crow's Eye and no doubt others on his crew would too.

Such a fucking disappointment of a scene.

Regarding clothing, I generally think that the clothes are all pretty amazingly done. Whoever their seamstresses (seamsters, is there a masculine version too?) are do not get paid enough. I basicially want to own all of Littlefingers wardrobe. Sure, Daario doesn't look like a weird clown, but at least they got his douchebag knives right. Some brighter colours would be nice tho. The Night's Watch are supposed to stick out from the crowd, because of their all black clothing, but with everyone in such dark shades, they just look like a bunch of regular Westoros dudes.

6 hours ago, MarcosLoura said:

Then a horrific sound fills the air. A big bald tattooed pirate is blowing a twisted, gigantic, shiny black horn adorned with red gold and dark steel bands, incised with glyphs. With the crowd's total attention Euron takes the stage and makes a rousing speech belittling both Victarion's petty war and Yara's lame peace, he says he will claim all of Westeros using this crazy fucking horn that can bind DRAGONS~! to his will! he also lays out huge trunks filled to the brim with booty, the mother of all booty, a Serena-sized booty!! Needless to say the crowd goes fucking nuts screaming EURON EURON like mad men and even Aeron, for a split-second, thinks that shit is awesome and Euron's the coolest before thinking "Fuck this, fuck me.".

I wish I could've seen that. That would've been a hell of an introduction to Euron. Instead he told dick jokes. Boy, do the Ironborn love dick jokes! I think that's what clinched it for him.

5 hours ago, elizium said:

The Night's Watch are supposed to stick out from the crowd, because of their all black clothing, but with everyone in such dark shades, they just look like a bunch of regular Westoros dudes.

In season one, they made a big deal of Jon Snow having to wear all black from now on. And then he spent the entire rest of the season with a bone-white sheepskin around his neck and nobody said a word. They should have put a scene in where he was being forced to dye it black or throw it away.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

In season one, they made a big deal of Jon Snow having to wear all black from now on. And then he spent the entire rest of the season with a bone-white sheepskin around his neck and nobody said a word. They should have put a scene in where he was being forced to dye it black or throw it away.

True, except that Jon is from a very wealthy family, and probably brought his clothes with him.  The Wall is full of poor dudes who wear ratty black clothes, but Jon, Ser Waymar Royce, and others have been stated to have quality clothes.  They can't go to the mall and buy new clothes, but they can mend their existing clothes or send a raven south to get something new from their family.  

You know, ALL ABOUT EVE is pretty much my favorite movie of all time, so I'm kind of happy they gave us a little playable version as an easter egg in Arya's story.  Now please just let her stab some fuckers.

But I don not get the Sparrow stuff at all.  Two weeks ago we saw Margeary being strong as ever trying to prop up her brother and so I was thinking she was just playing the game slyly negotiating an alliance with the Sparrow that would suit both of them.  But the show is playing it off like somehow between then and now he's totally brainwashed her and her husband all at once with a few little chat sessions.  All so we could divert Jaime to yet another side quest and divert the Tyrell's back to nowhere and divert cersei to sitting around in her room some more and that whole two year thing was just kind of nothing.

They think they can muddle through such a bland blank storyline that wastes all the best characters and then win me back withHOLYSHITDRAGON!!!! DRAGON!!!

DRAGOOOOONGNGNGNGN!!!!!

seriously they keep falling back on that and I'm not going to OMGSHE"SRIDING DRAGONNOW!!! SHEJUSTHANGINGOUTONTOPOFA DRAGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!

The good here was that they set up three things that are now fully ready to launch:

- Sam doing something

- Arya remembering that a girl has a name and it's ARY MOTHERFUCKING STARK and that a girl has a list of people who need killing and a girl has a sword and IT HAS A FUCKING NAME TOO!!! NAMES ALL 'ROUND!!!

- The war in the North looks like it's finally going to happen next week and all that vague raven-sending and loyalty-guessing and list of names of people we never actually see might actually lead somewhere...like Jon Snow face to face with Jaime Lannister.  Jon is headed to help the Blackfish, right?

If Arya survives (don't you dare GRRM), I wonder if she gets to Kingslanding for the trial by combat and somehow manages to help ***** beat the Mountain so Cercei can get killed. That's would be two people off her list.

Based on the "Previously on" montage, I think the idea is that Margaery is going along with the Sparrow in hopes of getting leniency for Loras.  Also wouldn't surprise me if we find out later that she's roping in Tommen as a gambit on Cersei.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be funny if in the Trial by Combat, the Faith's Champion was King Tommen (instead of who everyone thinks it will be)?

You know how people like to draw comparisons between Tyrion and (Shakespeare's version of) Richard III? Nice of them to have the play within the show and have Tyrion be slandered and painted a villain the exact same way Richard was.

• Like 2

Just now, roofiethebutcher said:

Just Gendry who is MIA at the moment. 

Could the High Sparrow announce that since the Faith is one that the entire group is his champion? 

Maybe :)

Raven's Sparrow's Rules!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, piranesi said:

- Arya remembering that a girl has a name and it's ARY MOTHERFUCKING STARK and that a girl has a list of people who need killing and a girl has a sword and IT HAS A FUCKING NAME TOO!!! NAMES ALL 'ROUND!!!

This shit right here made me laugh for like 7 straight minutes!

James