DVDVR Message Board

AJ Lee main eventing Raw:

December 17, 2012 (Slammy Awards): John Cena/Vickie Guerrero vs AJ Lee/Dolph Ziggler, featuring the debut of Big E Langston

July 9, 2012: CM Punk/AJ Lee defeat Daniel Bryan/Eve Torres after Daniel Bryan refused to tag in.  In the promo afterwards, AJ slaps both guys.

June 11, 2012: CM Punk/AJ defeat Daniel Bryan/Kane, but the last segment featured Vince, Cena, Big Show, and Big Johnny with a crutch (after Vince pushed his scooter off the stage at the beginning of the show)

oh man.

Ricola bomb's only been seen in pre-NXT FCW, I believe.

Yeah, I don't know why he doesn't use it.  It's not like it would wreck his current gimmick.  Just use the move without saying "Riiiicooolaaaa" since he's not running as his Suisse alter-ego. Seeing Goldust use the Cross Rhodes was great.  When they eventually start tagging, they need to do each other's finishers interchangably like the Hardy's used to do when they both used the Twist of Fate. Either that or they need to finish a guy with stereo Bionic Elbowdrops.
I actually had to check to see if Antoni Caesaro was Swiss or not. Wwe.com says he is, so using the Ricola Bomb as a face iwould still be valid.

Caesaro being Swiss isn't the problem.  Ricola Cough Drops and "Riiiicoooolaaaa" being the intellectual property another company would be the hurdle.  You can get away with that in the indies, but not on a nationally televised progam for a company that is rabidly protective of its own IP.

He could still use the move but he probably couldn't do the whole "RIIIICOOOLAAA" set-up.

The Alpamarle Waterslide and Suisse Deth are just as hurty and he's rarely used those spots either.

Pretty sure the identity of Heyman's doctor was local wrestler Nick Foti - who wrestles as Asylum as part of a tag team known as The Flatliners - they've worked ROH shows before up here

Posted Image

Super impressive how growing out his beard makes him look like every Jewish mother's dream for her daughter.

My sweet romantic teenage years were spent attempting to date/dating Jewish girls into pop-punk. It was great. I grew up as a total nerd (duh) in an Irish-Catholic neighborhood where people had jobs like "teacher" or "housewife" or "fire fighter." It was also very much a jock neighborhood. The handful of us who were into comics and wrestling eventually got into punk rock. The Jewish girls we hung out with got to piss off their parents by dating us because of the unique sociology of my hometown, we were considered "bad boys." We met these girls in things like SAT prep classes and debate club.

My favorite ex-girlfriend was Natalie. I ruined things one summer because I thought I was too cool for school. But she forgave me because she was awesome. We both liked each other for a really long time but could never get the timing right -- I was away at college or she was living with her mom in England or etc. On my Top 5 High Fidelity list, she ranks as number 2, right behind the first girl I ever was in love with. She should actually be number one because I have a lot of hate in my heart for the girl who ranks as number one and have nothing but fond memories over Natalie.

I ended up trying to reconvene with her a good five years or so after our relationship faded away. It ended up with one of the truly great embarrassing moments of my life, when I gave her dad a mix tape and letter to hand to her. There's no way that didn't end up right in the trash.

Anyways, Facebook now indicates that she's now married to a Jewish doctor who looks a ridiculous amount like the dude CM Punk beat up on Monday.

• Like 2

I rewatched the divas segment just to see what all the fuss was about, because apparently I didn't see it the first time around. I didn't see it the second time around either. Talk about much ado about nothing. AJ attempts to hold her own came off as pretty desparate, and the rest was just the usual shitty commentary we get for divas matches. Never would have figured that would spark some great debate.

The show was all about Goldust for me anyway. I was looking forward to that match more than any match in a long time, and happily Dustin didn't disappoint. I wish they could find a regular spot for him on the roster somewhere, because he's clearly still a lot more talented than most of the guys they've got now.

I hope Dr Kirschenbaum becomes a regular wrestler, in a goofy Isaac Yankem DDS-like scenario.

Where has Santino been anyway?

Kobashi is the pro wrasslin analog to the old school vampire that you had to kill by putting a stake through its heart, cutting off its head, burning the body and scattering the ashes. If you don't murder it good, it doesn't stay dead.

• Like 2

Kobashi is the pro wrasslin analog to the old school vampire that you had to kill by putting a stake through its heart, cutting off its head, burning the body and scattering the ashes. If you don't murder it good, it doesn't stay dead.

Well said, mate.

It's like The Undertaker at WrestleMania. One finisher or two finishers don't beat him, Triple H hit three Pedigree's on Undertaker at WrestleMania XXVII and that didn't do the job. The match produced a classic moment in The Streak when Triple H told 'Taker to stay down, Undertaker told Triple H to bring it and Triple H used the Tombstone Piledriver on The Undertaker, covering him like Undertaker does. The Undertaker kicks out and Triple H's reaction to it was terrific.

I can't figure out whether I like or dislike the fact that the Punk/Heyman feud appears to be operating in an entirely different universe than the Bryan/Corporation feud. Like, kayfabe-wise, does CM Punk even know that Bryan is getting beat down every week by the power hungry McMahon family, or does he just show up to the arena halfway through the show for a promo or to interrupt Heyman, then leave?

I hope Santino retires to look after his gym.

I don't like how Triple H and now Brad Maddox have interacted with Heyman the past two weeks. I know it's consistent with their characters, and their past dealings with him, but I just don't think the number 1 heel and the heel GM should be getting shine off another hated heel. Just leave that angle alone.

I can't figure out whether I like or dislike the fact that the Punk/Heyman feud appears to be operating in an entirely different universe than the Bryan/Corporation feud. Like, kayfabe-wise, does CM Punk even know that Bryan is getting beat down every week by the power hungry McMahon family, or does he just show up to the arena halfway through the show for a promo or to interrupt Heyman, then leave?

Makes kayfabe-sense to me. CM Punk is obsessed with Heyman right now, so Bryan and the title aren't really on his radar. HHH knows that with Punk's past, if he were to get involved, he'd likely back Bryan, and with a similar disregard for his job. Punk on the show is "good for business", and as we've already seen, he's willing to walk away from the company, so HHH can't threaten him like he does Show. Smartly, HHH instead placates him by giving him what he wants, keeping him out of his hair, and as a bonus, he gets to stick it to Heyman.

• Like 2

I am wondering what is going to be the blowoff of the Punk/Heyman feud and what happens after that.  A Team Punk vs Team Heyman match at Survior Series would be logical, however I don't know who Punk could get to back him and who Heyman would recruit beyond Bork and Axel now that The Shield are otherwise occupied.  Another Punk/Lesnar match with some sort of gimmick stip?  If so, what happens when Punk finally vanquishes Heyman?

The Shield have also pretty much established themselves as mercenaries working for the highest bidder.  I'm reminded of Barely Legal when Brian Lee was paid to turn on the Triple Threat and wondering if one or all of The Shield might turn on HHH at some point and reveal Bryan and company paid them off.

Corporate vs. Big Show Machine, Cody Machine, and Bryan Machine with Punk as the straight man. HHH is a good enough actor they can re-run the Mr. America angle with him doing Vince on a quest for proof. Turn up the silly and you don't have to worry about is he burying Orton with all the belt talk.

Make ammends for that DX and Hornswaggle shit please? I'll buy Survivor Series.

I was pretty amused that they brought out Tony Chimel to do Edge's entrance and do that weird thing he does when he announces Rated R Superstar. I think he even went out of his way to exaggerate it and Edge almost cracks up when it's announced.

• Like 2

I was pretty amused that they brought out Tony Chimel to do Edge's entrance and do that weird thing he does when he announces Rated R Superstar. I think he even went out of his way to exaggerate it and Edge almost cracks up when it's announced.

I missed the opening so I was going to ask.

I hope Santino retires to look after his gym.

I don't like how Triple H and now Brad Maddox have interacted with Heyman the past two weeks. I know it's consistent with their characters, and their past dealings with him, but I just don't think the number 1 heel and the heel GM should be getting shine off another hated heel. Just leave that angle alone.

I would laugh if heel Paul Heyman is what takes down the McMahon ego trip.  It would be like when Lex Luthor would help save the day on Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.