DVDVR Message Board

If they thought there were any better options Lawler would be gone, and likewise. If it weren't for the amount of strap-down moments they've given him in the last ten years I'd swear Vince was running some kind of There Will Be Blood long-term revenge thing on him. Lots of people debase themselves to be on tv, some people mutilate their faces to be on tv, occasionally people almost die or do die on tv, but King's commentary legacy will be hard to match. Mail it in for a decade for the chance to ogle some boobs up close, and as a perk, every once in a while your employer broadcasts to the world the fact that you are a pedophile. If you're still smiling it's probably just stuck that way.

And finally, something that no one has really talked about yet, it's becoming more and more obvious that Seth Rollins is the future star out of the Shield. The fact that a Daniel Bryan main event match has only gotten 3 or 4 mentions in 15 pages isn't a good sign for Ambrose. He's kind of in a shitty spot where his biggest strengths are heel promos, heel mannerisms, and selling, while his biggest weakness is being interesting on offense. Having watched some of his FCW work, I know he can do better, but he's really underachieving these days. A 10+ minute match against Daniel Bryan is the time to step up, and he just looked really flat out there, especially compared to the last few times Rollins got a similar opportunity.

Couldn't disagree more. Seth and Bryan just play off against each other really really well. What are you expecting from Ambrose? Top rope shit? He has a decent heel moveset that works with his gimmick. And what makes Seth's offense so great? The dude can bump, but he is awful on the mic.Anyway, on a related note and it's been said a hundred times before: it's fucking insane that "our" guys like Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose are main-eventing episodes of Raw.PS: The break out star will be Roman Reigns by the way. That glorious hair. :wub: 

One day, Reigns is gonna shave that head, turn babyface by spearing cult leader Ambrose through a table and he will be made. It's pretty obvious that guy is gonna develop into a main event guy and I thought he was really good at ringside for  the main event.

It's sort of a tricky place for WWE to be in. The best way to get Bryan away from Orton for many months (which is necessary in the same way keeping rock and Austin apart in 98 was) is to turn Show on him. They've done it already two times in the last two years in similar situations. I think they have to be playing with everyone's expectations that Show will turn. 

They can tease Show turning, but turn someone else instead (Corporate Cody?) and perhaps do an Orton-Show program to portray Orton as a guy who can beat anyone while keeping the champ occupied.

Part of me still wants the Ted Jr. retirement to be an internet-working thing so we end up with Corporate Legacy

Same here - I love it when things wrap up nicely together.  That would be cool.

I'm pretty sure shaving Roman Reigns' locks off would drop RAW's ratings a whole percentage point.  Why would you mess with that man's gorgeous mane?  Have we learn nothing from Felicity? Don't pretend you don't understand that reference, people.

• Like 4

Couldn't disagree more. Seth and Bryan just play off against each other really really well. What are you expecting from Ambrose? Top rope shit? He has a decent heel moveset that works with his gimmick. And what makes Seth's offense so great? The dude can bump, but he is awful on the mic.Anyway, on a related note and it's been said a hundred times before: it's fucking insane that "our" guys like Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose are main-eventing episodes of Raw.PS: The break out star will be Roman Reigns by the way. That glorious hair. :wub:

Ambrose's strikes are horrible and he doesn't have any good signature spots outside of his finisher. Having watched some of his FCW work, I know he's capabale of more, but he hasn't shown much in his WWE run. Seth's offense is great because he can hit all of his moves quickly and accurately all within the flow of the match. His form is great on everything and even when he's doing complex sequences, it never looks like he's slowing down to set anything up.And I could see Reigns having a Batista-esque career path where he breaks out way down the line, but the first step will be sniffing the singles match rotation for the Shield. I think he's had one singles match on Raw with Orton, and it sucked.

So you're saying Dean Ambrose is basically Mr. Kennedy/Anderson with better selling?

That's a very good comparison. Lots of potential, but it'll take more work than people assume for him to be a star.

And finally, something that no one has really talked about yet, it's becoming more and more obvious that Seth Rollins is the future star out of the Shield. The fact that a Daniel Bryan main event match has only gotten 3 or 4 mentions in 15 pages isn't a good sign for Ambrose. He's kind of in a shitty spot where his biggest strengths are heel promos, heel mannerisms, and selling, while his biggest weakness is being interesting on offense. Having watched some of his FCW work, I know he can do better, but he's really underachieving these days. A 10+ minute match against Daniel Bryan is the time to step up, and he just looked really flat out there, especially compared to the last few times Rollins got a similar opportunity.

So you're saying Dean Ambrose is basically Mr. Kennedy/Anderson with better selling?

Out of likes but that made me laugh, great comparison. I thought Ambrose sucked pre-WWE and thought Kennedy sucked through most of his WWE run. Don't dislike either guy much now though.

She's nowhere near the level of a Lita or Trish Stratus yet.  Quality of performance notwithstanding, at least those two went through some wars to earn their reps within the WWE Universe.  I don't remember AJ Lee main eventing Raw at all and she wasn't in charge for a year either.  Might have felt that long because it was awful but it was probably only a couple of months at most.

Well said, agreed 100%

Before I read through y'all's stuff and it poisons my clarity:

By recent standards (show's been great!) this was a pretty boring Raw.

I'm enjoying Trips for the first time since the 90s, but I still FF most of his shit when he's onscreen with Orton or Steph (who's got the hair of a washed up 80s star, btw--little much shit in the system?)

Main event was fucking incredible. Hoping Show turns heel so that my hatred for him can be in line with the story. That crying shit is the worst. What a sad fucking ballsack of a person. Was hoping Bryan would knee him in the face.

Golddust's crying was nearly as awful. What a waste of time that was. And why were they playing up Goldie as some fomous comedian?

Otherwise. Battle of the Airbrushed Tights! LOVE that they still do the Goldberg chants. Enjoying bully Ryback, but still adore that chant for him. It's as big a fuck you to the WWE as HHH's current character is to all those same people.

RVD is kind of sad, though I do love that apparently if you get stoned in WWE, they just stick you with RVD. Not sure what was up with Ricardo's "gag me with a spoon" gesture, though.

AJ almost makes those people watchable.

Dolph/Bray was a welcome surprise.

I'm pretty sure shaving Roman Reigns' locks off would drop RAW's ratings a whole percentage point. Why would you mess with that man's gorgeous mane? Have we learn nothing from Felicity? Don't pretend you don't understand that reference, people.

I have never forgiven Keri Russell. It was the greatest betrayal.

She never recovered from it.

• Like 1

AJ Lee main eventing Raw:

December 17, 2012 (Slammy Awards): John Cena/Vickie Guerrero vs AJ Lee/Dolph Ziggler, featuring the debut of Big E Langston

July 9, 2012: CM Punk/AJ Lee defeat Daniel Bryan/Eve Torres after Daniel Bryan refused to tag in.  In the promo afterwards, AJ slaps both guys.

June 11, 2012: CM Punk/AJ defeat Daniel Bryan/Kane, but the last segment featured Vince, Cena, Big Show, and Big Johnny with a crutch (after Vince pushed his scooter off the stage at the beginning of the show)

AJ Lee main eventing Raw:

December 17, 2012 (Slammy Awards): John Cena/Vickie Guerrero vs AJ Lee/Dolph Ziggler, featuring the debut of Big E Langston

July 9, 2012: CM Punk/AJ Lee defeat Daniel Bryan/Eve Torres after Daniel Bryan refused to tag in.  In the promo afterwards, AJ slaps both guys.

June 11, 2012: CM Punk/AJ defeat Daniel Bryan/Kane, but the last segment featured Vince, Cena, Big Show, and Big Johnny with a crutch (after Vince pushed his scooter off the stage at the beginning of the show)

SHE SURE OWNED BRADSHAW WITH THAT

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure shaving Roman Reigns' locks off would drop RAW's ratings a whole percentage point. Why would you mess with that man's gorgeous mane? Have we learn nothing from Felicity? Don't pretend you don't understand that reference, people.

I have never forgiven Keri Russell. It was the greatest betrayal.
She never recovered from it.
Oh yes she has. The Americans is fucking amazing.
  • Like 1