DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For SEPTEMBER 14, 2016

RIPPA

Per PWI

Week 3

- Samoa Joe comes out for a promo. He says he's a man who can admit his mistakes. He destroyed friends and enemies in his quest for the NXT Title. He asks for Nakamura to come out. Joe says he means everything he said and asks for a rematch  Nakamura agrees. As Nakamura leaves, Joe attacks Nakamura and lays him out. Nakamura is stretchered out 

- Liv Morgan def. Raechel Ellering (using a different last name). 

Post match: Morgan cuts a promo about wanting a shot at the Women's Championship and challenges Asuka.

- Hideo Itami def. Drew Gulak 

- The Authors of Pain won a squash

- Bobby Roode def. No Way Jose 

Per WON

- Samoa Joe is out for a promo, he says he's a man of his word and wants to see Nakamura face-to-face. He says he has a rematch clause and wants Nakamura to know that he will use it when he's ready to. Nakamura agrees and they shake hands.

They each make their way to the ramp before Joe rushes back and puts a beating on Nakamura, finished off with a Rock Bottom on the ring steps to finish off the stretcher job.

- Liv Morgan defeated Rachael Ellering (who used a different last name)

Dragon sleeper for Morgan to score the submission. Post-match she says she wants the title and the crowd chanted “Asuka’s Gonna Kill You.”

- Hideo Itami defeated Drew Gulak

Crowd enjoyed this one, hard-hitting match with Hideo Itami hitting the GTS for the win.

- The Authors of Pain defeated two unnamed enhancement talents

Assisted clothesline double team finish by The Authors of Pain for the emphatic victory.

- Bobby Roode defeated No Way Jose

Superstar reaction for Bobby Roode with the crowd singing his theme music loudly. Good match, Roode won with a new finisher.

• 3 weeks later...

I dig when two wrestlers just agree to beat the crap out of each other in the back. I quite enjoyed Itami/Gulak.

Roode in the ring is sub-HHH in 2002. I'm glad that Jose was still over even when matched up against Roode's entrance. 

The Authors of Pain seem like they might be the Ascension except, y'know, good. High hopes for them. 

Liv is still incredibly green but is showing quite a bit of promise in character work.  If she can work on her fundamentals then I think she could be good.

I'm a fan of Gulak and thought he looked like he belonged here.  He really hung in there and stiffed Itami right back and hope he gets signed.

AoP remind me of a less gratuitously stiff Hit Squad.  Did these guys have any experience whatsoever prior to going to the PC?  They've been doing mostly squashes so far but show a lot of promise.

Roode's intro music continues to be the only interesting thing about him.

• Like 1

Liv looks like she's wrestling under water. She's supposed to be this crafty flippy wrestler, but she moves so slow in the ring, it just makes her opponents look like idiots. It'll be interesting to see if Asuka can get anything out of her, but unless it's a total squash, I don't have high hopes.

The Authors of Pain are easily favorite new NXT act. I want them vs. The Revival so bad. I just wish their worst-looking double team wasn't their finisher.

I guess the announcers weren't solemn enough the entire show, because it appears no one here is talking about Nak's stretcher job. I wish they had dragged out Joe teasing he was a changed man for longer. His questionably sincere babyface promo was really good, but part of the reason these angles don't work anymore is that they blow them off way too quickly and exactly when everyone expects like tonight. Even if you never watched wrestling before, you'd know a turn was coming right after that promo.

• Like 3

Man, NXT has a problem that might not turn into a problem with Asuka. There is NO ONE that could be a legit challenger to her. She is Goldberg x1000 at this point. Or, a better example, she's Anderson Silva in the middle of his historic run as middleweight champion with no viable contenders.

That said, no way should she ever drop a win to Liv or anyone else on NXT at this point. You may as well keep Asuka at her god tier, beat Liv, announce she's going to Raw or SD, and put the title up in a tournament. As far as I know, that hasn't been done yet in NXT and it would be a good way to bring Asuka in as someone totally unbeatable in NXT, she would be a legend in NXT, and it allows NXT to establish a new champion. You position it as not a matter of the ladies in NXT not being any good, it's just that Asuka is head and shoulders above everyone else.