DVDVR Message Board

NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II

The Natural

Unsure where we're up to on NXT TV so I'll place the card so far in spoilers:

NXT Championship. Samoa Joe (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

NXT Women's Championship. Asuka (c) vs. Bayley.

NXT Tag Team Championship. Scott Dawson/Dash Wilder (c) vs. Johnny Gargano/Tommaso Ciampa.

Bobby Roode vs. Andrade Almas

Jason Jordan/Chad Gable vs. Gzim Selmani/Sunny Dhinsa.

Austin Aries vs. No Way Jose.

For me, it's all about the top two matches. Samoa Joe vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the NXT Championship is the biggest NXT match going for this show. Hope this delivers with the wrestlers involved. Bayley vs. Asuka at NXT TakeOver: Dallas is one of the most underrated matches this year.

Asuka and Bayley unfortunately had to follow the amazing Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn match from that show. I and others in the thread said when they revisisted the match, it was better than first thought. I did the same.

This might be Bayley's last NXT match so she'll get an emotional sendoff. When I think of NXT wrestlers: there's the Four Horsewomen, Sami Zayn, Cesaro and Kevin Owens.

The three title matches are going to be great with the two singles title matches being potential MOTY's. If the other 3 matches deliver and are fun this will be another terrific Takeover. Dallas is going to be damn tough to top.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was positive Nakamura was going to win, but now I think it could go either way.  If they want to call him up sooner rather than later, I could see him putting over Joe.  Meanwhile, Joe stays down there long enough for them to decide who the next ace is going to be. 

19 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I was positive Nakamura was going to win, but now I think it could go either way.  If they want to call him up sooner rather than later, I could see him putting over Joe.  Meanwhile, Joe stays down there long enough for them to decide who the next ace is going to be. 

Unlike a lot of people here, I have no faith in Nakamura being treatead right on the main roster, so I think a Nakamura NXT title reign would be great.

Also, Nakamura vs. Tommy End at a Takeover needs to happen.

• Like 1

I am now in the mindset of "I really really want Nakamura to lose" because it's just been so easy for him, and Joe is still fucking Joe. At some point someone is just gonna have to kick the shit out of Nakamura a bit, and Nak being the undefeated king is great until you get to the problem of "Who challenges him that you buy could beat him"

• Like 1

My ideal scenario has Joe winning, but with enough controversy that Nak can successfully lobby for a rematch (he gets a visual pin or something like that).  We get a 2/3 falls match at the fall Takeover that Nak wins, Joe then finishes his NXT stint with a few strong showings against some of the newer and returning guys on the roster and heads off.  He makes his main roster debut by winning the 2017 Rumble.

Nakamura has some interesting matches in NXT still. I needs to see him square off with KENTA. Their only encounter was in that tag main event for Marufuji's anniversary show, right? Nakamura has had a few great matches with La Sombra, I would not argue for having them paired up again. He and Roode I imagine would do wonders in a program. And yeah, who doesn't want to see Tommy End and Nakamura kick the shit out of each other?

I still haven't seen anything from Jose bell to bell that impresses me, but he did cut a hell of a promo a few weeks ago. Damn that Asuka/Bayley hype vid was next level awesome. I'd say it's my most anticipated match this weekend.

• Like 1

That Asuka/Bayley video is great.

Takeover has serious potential;

Nakamuras entrance is gonna tear the roof off.

An arena singing "Glorious" 

Nak and Joe going to war

Asuka/Bayley should be awesome 

Tag match will steal the show

• Like 2

My predictions:

NXT Championship. Samoa Joe (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura: Shinsuke Nakamura

NXT Women's Championship. Asuka (c) vs. Bayley: Asuka

NXT Tag Team Championship. Scott Dawson/Dash Wilder (c) vs. Johnny Gargano/Tommaso Ciampa: Johnny Gargano/Tommaso Ciampa.

Bobby Roode vs. Andrade Almas: Glorious!

Austin Aries vs. No Way Jose. Austin Aries

Ember Moon vs. Bilie Kay: Moon.

Difficult calling the NXT Championship and NXT Womens Championship matches...

I see Joe vs Nak going to a double count out, setting up a no DQ, no countout title match at the next takeover. Seems the best way to keep record/title intact.

Asuka has to win by beheading Bayley. Bayley wont quit this time, she cant.

Dawson and wilder and ciampa gargano has the chance to be a moty. Sleeper hit of the weekend. It's time for Ciampa and Gargano to win.

GLORIOUS!

Aries will sneak his way through, probably earning a No.1 contender spot.

Ember Moon has to win on her debut. Will she hit the diving stunner though?

There are a lot of matches on this card where either one of them losing isn't really good for them.  I mean Roode really can't lose his first big match in NXT but Almas needs more momentum if they are going to do anything with him.   If they are serious with Aries he has to (and I expect) beat Jose but No Way has to beat someone besides local jobbers 

It seems like Billie Kay is the Tye Dillinger of the women's division as good hands for the people they want to put over.