DVDVR Message Board

CWC EPISODE THREE- 1st Round (7/27/16)

RIPPA

3 hours ago, CSC said:

It was an odd comment, especially because

Reveal hidden contents

they have a pull apart brawl with the Revival next week on NXT which will be right before their CWC match.

Ok, good, so I did hear that right. It's such an odd thing to let slip through in post-production. They could have just re-record Corey saying that or taken it out completely if it's alluding to something that's a spoiler because why leave that in?

I just relistened to this on the network and he does indeed say "former partner".  I'm assuming we're reading something into it because I'm sure the story is for the tournament it's every man for himself.

Dux and Kendrick were my faves this episode. I hope NXT offers Dux a contract. He could really help the younger talent both in the ring and behind the scenes in the PC.

Yeah, Sabre is skinny. So what. Fat guys, skinny guys, guys with forks, guys with bones, guys with wristlocks, guys with dreadlocks....fuck it, this is wrestling.

• Like 3

On July 29, 2016 at 0:37 PM, Technico Support said:

Holy shit.  His bug eyed, surprised sell of a fucking fisherman buster (10:22 into the show if you're a fucking masochist) bugged the living fuck out of me.  It's not just his wrestling style that makes his opponents look beneath him, but this kind of selling, too.

This times a million. His build didn't bother me and the submission stuff was fine but his selling particularly on that move was just as bad as anything Lun did. 

• Like 2

I've been busy and just now finally finished watching and reviewing this episode, easily my favorite episode of the series so far. Kendrick/Mendoza was the easy stand out of the show so far, but I also really liked Gulak in his match. Also like Sihra saying "I wanted to do something that represented my culture, but not something stereotypical...so I chose Bollywood!!" Yeahhhhh. Real under the radar way to represent your culture, there...

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2016/07/wwe-cruiserweight-classic-72716.html

I feel like if time at the Performance Center can help Zack Sabre Jr. on promos, he could actually be a great cocky heel. He has quite the punchable face, and I feel like if WWE could get him on the right track with promos and making his work tighter, he could potentially be a good candidate to step into the William Regal role of arrogant European wrestler with asshole-ish facial expressions. I feel like the gimmick of "Technical Wizard" would be more well-suited to a heel as well.

On Friday, July 29, 2016 at 11:40 AM, EVA said:

It cannot be overstated how good Kendrick was in this thing.

If they don't offer him a contract, I'm going to be pissed.  Especially after re-signing Jinder fucking Mahal's useless ass.

• Like 2