DVDVR Message Board

WWE BATTLEGROUND 2016

RIPPA

So he's off the Adderall.

I caught the last two hours from the Zayn-Owens match on and I thought it was a good wrestling show. I gotta watch the first hour but I thought the wrestling was good the matches were all good to great. Everyone busted their ass to put on a great show,. The Highlight Reel dragged a little but Randy's 'no enhancement needed" quip was pretty good and adds a little to the Brock match.

Re-watching the Zayn/Owens match, it seemed like the ropes were pretty loose. I'm surprised Sami tried the Arabian press dive after he struggled to do his usual flip bump on the suplex into the ropes spot earlier in the match.

Best finishing run of any match this year in WWE for sure, and really only facing competition from the Mil/Cuerno death match in LU for overall. The best thing about Zayn and Owens is for all the matches they've had together, they still manage to make some subtle adjustments to give most of them a different feel. Unlike a lot of WWE series which only escalate by more finisher kickouts, these two actually pace themselves emotionally and don't try to tell the whole story in the first match. At Rival, it was about Owens establishing himself and cementing that he gave no fucks about Sami. In their multiman interactions, it's Sami getting tunnel vision to both of their detriments. At Payback, it was a fight that was a long time coming but not necessarily expected to settle anything. At Battleground, it was Sami finally finishing things in a way he felt was satisfactory.

Hopefully they do a handshake and go their separate ways to hammer home the finality of that match. WWE actually had an easy opportunity to un-fuck one of their biggest draft mistakes by making this a "loser leaves Raw" match.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

WWE actually had an easy opportunity to un-fuck one of their biggest draft mistakes by making this a "loser leaves Raw" match.

Good point. They could have had a stip where because of the match neither could be drafted and the winner got to pick their brand and the loser had to go to the other one.

I honestly have a feeling that we're rematching that Triple Threat at Summerslam.

Also, I really hate this idea of splitting titles. I wish they would for once try going with the IC/US being brand exclusive and all other belts being cross brand. I think it will make for more intriguing, less watered down tv. Otherwise, this brand split will not last for more than 2 years.

• Like 1

Reigns needed more weight. Needs to add the Samoan Spike to his move set. Maybe pick up a manager to do his talking for him. Like Armando Estrada. He shouldn't talk at all tonight, except maybe to scream at whatever opponent he's squashing.

• Like 3

A SummerSlam rematch makes no sense. I know I know "let me stop you right there..."   but it doesn't make sense because Rollins and Reigns have no legitimate claim to being the #1 contender. They were both beaten clean.  There's absolutely no reason at all for Shane/Bryan to give another RAW superstar a chance at it.

This can only help Reigns.  He needs to be Just a guy, just a mortal guy and not some seemingly factory-crafted Hollywood success droid.  You want us to see him as a fighter struggling against the odds, then let him do battle with Samoan genes, thinning hair, and having to stay cut on the road with the Usos without any special vitamins.  

That's a struggle I can see and relate to and the more he jobs to "being human" the more personality he'll have to develop.  Which is how a guy who looks like I do has managed to talk a-number-between-two-and-seven actual entire ladies into bed.

THATS THE STRUGGLE ROMAN WELCOME TO IT!!!  PULL UP A CHAIR AND LEARN HWO TO CUT EXTRA HOLES IN YOUR BELT AND HOW TO COMB YOUR HAIR FROM TEH BACK FORWARD!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, piranesi said:

COme on guys!

_88544734_fdc05007-4a4e-4758-a3ff-f4e874

More likely this was the moment it occurred to him he had confused Trump with Ronald McDonald and then realized this asshole is never going to build him that replica Happy Meal Box dream home with all the amenities including a hot tub filled with barbecue sauce.  

Few points as most has been said already;

Its probably been said before but if Rollins could get someone to do the talking for him, i think he could be the no.1 face in the company. Always gets a good reaction from PPV crowds,has a face moveset anyway and is just a hell of a main event wrestler, probably needs a new finisher though. 

The opening promo and the promo for the triple threat were top quality.

Triple Threat should've been saved for Summerslam, its such a great story.

Reigns' offence looked way more aggressive.

EDIT; Only watch Zayn/KO now. Holy shit this is insane.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

Ambrose beat Rollins and Reigns on consecutive shows. From SD's point of view, why would either get a shot at the title at Summerslam?  

The only argument you could make is Ambrose vs. Reigns 1 on 1. I don't think Ambrose has ever won a singles encounter between the two of them. Really, last night was probably his first legitimate big win for those that play the "can't win the big one" argument.

Ambrose v Reigns at Summer Slam wouldn't be a bad option if they decide not to divide the belt.  They can play up how Dean has never beaten Roman 1-on-1, it makes Rollins sympathetic for being left out, and Reigns can finally unload on Ambrose--for not supporting him more, for teaming up with Rollins to power bomb him at Battleground, for whatever Reigns sees as betrayal.

Roman can at least argue he never got a one-on-one rematch for the belt. If they go that route, then I assume he, with the help of the unhappy Usos, steal the belt from Ambrose at SummerSlam. The three Samoans turn heel, Dean can deal with the Usos on Smackdown until he can get a rematch with Roman at the next joint-brand PPV. Or he can just show up to Raw every week and attack through the crowd.

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - we need some clarity

Has the Matt D/Smelly bet officially started

ie: are we calling that Bayley's official main roster debut?

Well, here's the gray area (not in quotes since fuck this new board):

Matt: Terms: Six months after she arrives on the main roster.

Smelly: Let's do a year from her MR debut and see where she is after being heavily de-pushed.

Matt then agreed.

I would say that she has not arrived "on the main roster", since it was made clear this was a one-time appearance, but that she HAS made her "MR debut". Since it was the latter phrasing that was agreed to, I would say that the clock has started.

Matt and Smelly can of course agree otherwise.