DVDVR Message Board

WWE BATTLEGROUND 2016

RIPPA

Who apparently has been removed from her role as the producer of women's matches. It was shocking that LITA of all people was put in a position to help people structure their matches. It explains a lot...

I think my final guess is going to be Nia and that Sasha tweeted that about Meltzer because at that point, she still didn't know who her partner was going to be!

I still think I'd be fine with Sasha just Stone Cold'ing it and going out there and surviving (but not winning maybe) all on her own.

Or at least holding her own until a late run-in.  They really haven't booked themselves many chances to actually show her being the actual best to back up the attitude and what better way to get that over?

It depends on what they are going for. Nia would be deflating to the crowd (compared to the other options) but would probably help if they are creating an ongoing storyline. If they want to pop the crowd and make it a 'big' moment then it needs to be Bayley, Asuka, Trish, or Lita. Not knowing their intentions it is impossible to guess, I am going with Trish just because she is overdue to pop back in and it would be fun to watch. Maybe Trish could return and turn on Sasha to create a new storyline, which is what she really wants anyway.

On 7/20/2016 at 11:21 AM, RIPPA said:

I can totally see Darren Young winning just so RAW has all the titles (since I think it is fairly obvious RAW is taking the WWE Title)

I mean that is totally something the company would do

I could see Raw walking away with all the titles, and then Smackdown starting from scratch with new titles on Tuesday night.

When was the last time Trish or Lita actually worked a match?

Spoiler

According to her twitter and instagram, Nia Jax is on her way to the arena.  Though I don't know if that means anything or not as I'm sure a lot of the NXT folks usually hang out backstage at the main roster PPVs, but take that for what it's worth.

5 minutes ago, Gorman said:

I could see Raw walking away with all the titles, and then Smackdown starting from scratch with new titles on Tuesday night.

I can see them bringing back the Big Gold Belt for their world title but what in the world would you call the other Smackdown title?  I can't imagine them bringing back the Divas Title or a European title

6 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Hide contents

According to her twitter and instagram, Nia Jax is on her way to the arena.  Though I don't know if that means anything or not as I'm sure a lot of the NXT folks usually hang out backstage at the main roster PPVs, but take that for what it's worth.

Trish was 2011, for Lita it was a good while before that since she had a 'real' match but I would imagine in those scenarios it would be Sasha doing the bulk of the work during the match anyway.

19 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Hide contents

I don't think said person counts as an "NXT wrestler" any more.  She was drafted after all.

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

One thing that's come from all of these podcast interviews is that Lita is apparently the most influential wrestler in the history of womankind.

She had a totally different look and style which probably made her more relate-able to young girls than someone like Trish who was presented as an idealized sex symbol more than an actual wrestler (and also had more of a "chosen one" vibe). Whether or not those things hold up to historical scrutiny is another issue, but given their presentation at the time, I can see why Lita is very popular among women that are in their late 20s now.

Lita also crossed my mind as the mystery partner, but I'm going to (probably foolishly) pick WWE to do the right thing and use Bayley. Also the women's mystery partner angle is by far the most intriguing part of this show.

I'm really interested to see what happens to the New Day/Wyatts tonight. Xavier's been really great playing a combination of creeped out/hypnotized by Bray. Xavier's been really fun since the New Day turned face.

I can still see the WWE going the really underwhelleming route and having Naomi as the mystery partner. You know reunite BAD and all...that was a thing, right? Nia is a possibility only because I fully expect them to hot shot the title onto her like a month after Sash finally wins it for a long run and then Sasha has to do another long chase.

Nia becomes the Roman of the women's division. That won't be fair to her but that's what they'll end up doing to her.

10 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Nia becomes the Roman of the women's division. That won't be fair to her but that's what they'll end up doing to her.

So they have given up on the 'Dana Brooke becomes the Roman of the women's division"?

I would think the New Day would win tonight, Rowan takes the pin and then Bray and Strowman destroys him off to Smackdown.