DVDVR Message Board

Is It Chilly In Here? I Feel a DRAFT - Smackdown - 7/19/2016

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Peck said:

Perhaps an elevation for Peyton, Billie Kay, Nikki Storm...Athena.

Sure, but they didn't even set the stage for this stuff really before gutting the division of any credible contenders it now has. There is Bayley, Asuka, and...who? 

Ambrose was outdrawing Reigns on top for most of this year, right? I wonder if Orton wouldn't outdraw Reigns at this point (and I like Reigns)? Cena will be around at least part of the time. Babyfaces draw house show audiences. I'd be surprised if SD house shows don't consistently outdraw the Raw ones to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

Ambrose was outdrawing Reigns on top for most of this year, right? I wonder if Orton wouldn't outdraw Reigns at this point (and I like Reigns)? Cena will be around at least part of the time. Babyfaces draw house show audiences. I'd be surprised if SD house shows don't consistently outdraw the Raw ones to be honest. 

If Cena is on the road SD will heavily outdraw Raw.

Heath Slater was the only person eligible not drafted and they clearly did it for the shot at the end of the show.

Him going to NXT would be awesome

• Like 1

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

At least Rowan can stay with Bray, then when Harper comes back, WWE can try another Wyatt's reboot. 

As long as they don't bring back that theme Rowan had that sounded like Michael Mann was entering you gently.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also - as pointed out by Ray - we are goig to start getting Cena/Orton matches again

Well, they're both part timers now, so really, we're only getting like, 4 a year.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also - as pointed out by Ray - we are goig to start getting Cena/Orton matches again

Vince is punishing the world because of the thousands that didn't vote Linda into the Senate.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Big Fresh said:

Foley and Steph are putting over American Alpha big time.

If you ignore the fact that they could have drafted them instead of Big Show

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Charlie M. said:

Looking at the rosters, they feel very same-y. It's just two WWE shows with half as many options for matches. They're going to need to do a lot creatively or I think this is going to be a massive flop.

Right.  When you have six people in a division and four or five title belts television time is limited.  Now if injuries happen divisions will be quickly decimated.  What then?  What happens if three women on one show go down?  We get the same rotation of matches for months on end?  The Women's division disappears?

This is a lot of work for Creative and to be honest they are not the best group in terms of creativity.  You are better off keeping the Women on one show, CW's on the other, and tag teams on one show.

7 minutes ago, Sublime said:

its like Vince is trying to sabotage the extension from thr start. Or he just hates smackdown

You're probably overthinking it. I'm pretty sure Vince's thought process didn't extended much further than, "Smackdown is going live on USA what do we do to drum up interest wait I know we'll bring back the brand split!" and from there they just slapped some shit together...

As far as Bayley goes I know I was reading something earlier this year about how they're hesitant to bring her up because they realize her potential as a demographic crossover and such and they're terrified that they'll completely botch her, which is the most self-awareness I've ever heard of coming from WWE creative...

• Like 2

They really should've announced the champions in NXT couldn't be drafted, and that Nak had an NXT exclusive contract to protect those people from not being picked in a draft that saw Eva Marie and Shinning Stars get picked.