DVDVR Message Board

Random music thoughts

Randy

Geoff Nichols, who briefly payed bass for Sabbath in '79 (he wrote the bassline for Heaven & Hell which Geezer "nicked" upon returning to the band) before becoming their keyboardist from then through the 2004 Ozzfest tour died of lung cancer. He played keys on 10 studio albums and 4 live outings for the band, more than anyone except Tony and Geezer.

The man in the shadows. Rest in peace. 

It's crappy how Geoff was never given a more forefront role like Jon Lord, Ken Hensley, or Don Airey; he might've not been as present as them but still deserved some spotlight. I guess you can chalk it up to how Sabbath wanted to present themselves.

15 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

OOFTA. I just spent about $50 and I have 11 records coming because of a discount offer from a distro. But that's punk rock for you

On the other hand my tax return is gonna be a splurge at least half of yours

Mostly it's because I bought The Rolling Stones in Mono 16 LP box set.

• Like 1

It's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying vintage copies of all of them. I didn't find a copy of just Their Satanic Majesties Request on vinyl for less than like $175 for just that album.

Plus I'm very big into the mono resurgence of recent years (specifically albums where the mono mix was primary at the time. Releasing a new mono mix of a mid-70's album is just stupid.)

On 2/8/2017 at 7:44 PM, Brian Fowler said:

So I got my income tax back and kinda just dropped $400 on vinyl... 

I am envious my friend. I got my German royalties for my books (close to $900) and two thirds got co-opted by the Mrs for bills. So much for the first edition of Pavane by Keith Roberts that I was planning on... I do have enough left for some tunes, so I'll check my Cramps collection and see if there's anything that needs to be added.

You can totally buy the top 100 on ITunes with enough left over for James Patterson's newest thriller EBook! Then i guess use the remaniing 12 cents to buy a plastic knife to try and end your life with. Your wife will pay off the bills instead of having an ornate funeral ritual. How do you feel about being buried in the desert and chewed on by coyotes?

They opened with My House and then followed it up with Charley's Girl. The latter had a fleeting moment of popularity when it was used in an episode of Once Upon A Time a couple years ago. http://othersideofthemirror.com/post/32789201928/analyzing-charleys-girlwhat-does-it-mean

First VU song didn't hit until 15 minutes into this marathon.

New At The Drive-In Album May 5th titled In•ter a•li•a. I will sell all of your first-borns to get it, It's been a long damn wait for a proper album. I will also auction Fowler off to any Sabbath fans that want him. Unrelated. If you hate it, I don't care, it's the first I've been this happy for new music in years. If a new Glassjaw album actually comes out I may just sacrifice someone to a pagan god. Not to mention some other stuff I actually am interested in for once coming out.

No. Title Length
1. "No Wolf Like the Present" 3:39
2. "Continuum" 4:02
3. "Tilting at the Univendor" 3:26
4. "Governed by Contagions" 3:27
5. "Pendulum in a Peasant Dress" 3:41
6. "Incurably Innocent" 3:26
7. "Call Broken Arrow" 4:11
8. "Holtzclaw" 3:49
9. "Torrentially Cutshaw" 3:12
10. "Ghost-Tape No. 9" 4:15
11. "Hostage Stamps" 3:53