DVDVR Message Board

Random music thoughts

Randy

On 5/4/2018 at 3:39 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Judas Priest (and Deep Purple) are coming to my small town and I'm beyond excited.

Got in from a scalper for twenty bucks. *Crosses the Almighty Priest off my bucket list*

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Got in from a scalper for twenty bucks. *Crosses the Almighty Priest off my bucket list*

Even better: if you did it within 1,000 feet of the venue you were Breaking The Law!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Even better: if you did it within 1,000 feet of the venue you were Breaking The Law!!!!!!!!

You'd find yourself doing the same thing too.

It was actually literally right in front of the box office. I was in line, he said he had upgraded and was selling his 35 dollar tickets for twenty each. Done and done.

• Like 1

Got a ticket to see Fall Out Boy on Tuesday for $12. According to Setlist.fm they are playing mostly stuff from their recent albums that are fucking terrible but they are playing enough stuff from back when they didn't suck to be worth it.

Also got a ticket to see Thursday at Music Hall of Williamsburg the last Friday in December via StubHub. Show has been sold out for months but a ticket popped up for face value so I grabbed it. I'm all about mid 2000's emo at this point

I went to that show last week specifically for Judas Priest. I left feeling they gave the much better set.

Yet, for some reason, all week I've been listening to Deep Purple and Deep Purple related bands (mostly Rainbow, but I have Sabs Born Again a spin for the first time in ages, and I have The Purple Tour by Whitesnake sitting around to play)

I just wish there were live albums from Mk. IV and Mk. V. It's something I'm spoiled with by Rainbow. They've put out at least one live album with all five singers. Hell, Ronnie Romero has sung on exactly one studio track and eleven total concerts, but somehow there are three live albums with him, each at nearly if not over two hours. Graham Bonnet did one album but they've released three entire concerts with him. I can get two Joe Lynn Turner Rainbow live albums, but nothing from his year in Purple?

3 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I never really heard of Machine Gun Kelly before the other day and my knowledge of rap admittedly isn't my strong suit but this was a pretty solid diss track towards Eminem.   Looking forward to the rebuttal

I am going to be seeing him live opening up for Fall Out Boy at Pru Center right now. Since I pretty much dislike just about any hip hop past the late 90's I'm not looking forward to it but who knows, maybe I end up suprised. I'd be much happier if it was Onyx or something like that.

Guy is wearing a 666 Devils jersey (wonder how he got it because that is a forbidden customization at both the team store and NHL.com). Whatever the record for saying "motherfucker" in a single song was he just obliterated it.

8 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I never really heard of Machine Gun Kelly before the other day and my knowledge of rap admittedly isn't my strong suit but this was a pretty solid diss track towards Eminem.   Looking forward to the rebuttal

This MGK song is a response to Eminem dissing him on his newest album. It's funny too, because after hearing the song, MGK posted a video of him celebrating it and popping champagne in a hotel room.

Eminem dissed him on the song "Not Alike" because MGK said some shit about wanting to fuck Shady's daughter (while she was underage mind you).  The whole verse was dedicated to shitting on MGK and it was pretty damn good. MGK's reply to that was solid in a "way better than expected" kind of way but I wouldn't put it up there with Em's verse. 

On 9/5/2018 at 12:23 AM, Casey said:

This MGK song is a response to Eminem dissing him on his newest album. It's funny too, because after hearing the song, MGK posted a video of him celebrating it and popping champagne in a hotel room.

I never heard one of this kid’s songs before this but he more or less Ether’d Eminem in comparison to Shady’s subtle “clever” bullshit going after a bunch of weak sauce kids, but this one threw it right back in his face. 

Only die hard Shady fanboys will see it any other way and though I’m not one of them ,I am a fan and I can see it clear as day. 

On 9/8/2018 at 5:36 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Apparently no, I'm just screwed, the program is over and I don't get anything.

I'm seriously pissed off about this. Each time they did the voucher program there was never an eligible show in my area until this year. I finally redeem my only voucher, the whole damn tour gets cancelled, and their response is 

I do apologize, but any vouchers used for this canceled event are non refundable. We are unable to issue out a new voucher code once it has been redeemed. 

The Settlement Agreement limits the value of vouchers that are to be redeemed in a given year and in total. In 2018, Ticketmaster fulfilled all ticket voucher requirements required under the settlement agreement.

So it can't be reissued, they aren't doing it again, and I can go fuck myself apparently.