DVDVR Message Board

Life Events Thread

Ryan

Well given that his bosses wife got a government job because of how buddy buddy he is with Trump, we will see how "woke" he will really be.  It is funny how Cena's view seems to be contrast with the McMahons.   Although I am guessing Triple H is like "fine we will go see Trump if it makes you happy"

He is an individual, he's allowed to have his own views and not tow the company line. It wouldn't be legal to do so otherwise. Not that it would stop a lot of companies from trying to do something.

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

He is an individual, he's allowed to have his own views and not tow the company line. It wouldn't be legal to do so otherwise. Not that it would stop a lot of companies from trying to do something.

John Cena is a multi-millionaire with a guaranteed basic "media figure" income for the rest of his life. He could skull fuck a Donald Trump blowup doll on Raw while screaming "INDEPENDENT CONSTRACTOR, VINCE HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!" and he would be fine for the rest of his and his kids lives.

• Like 2

Curt Hawkins will go out in the crowd on Tuesday cutting promos on fans about his hatred of Nazis. He will be legit fired halfway through the show. And it was scripted! Vince will have been just that angry at him insulting Steve Bannon.

Enough WWE personnel tweeted about the protests in similar innocuous corporate speak that I have to think it was some sort of company mandate. "Tweet about it but don't make any political statement, just generic crap about unity and standing together!"

22 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

I honestly don't think he makes it all four years. Not wishing an assassination or anything, but if he really is as casual to his protection as it seems, I wouldn't rule it out. Or he resigns in disgrace after the Dems regain Congress in the midterms and start impeachment proceedings. Or Meliana pulls a Harding on him.(Possible poisoning by his wife after he cheated on her too much).. A heart attack or stroke is possible given his age as well. I'm not such an asshole to be routing for any of those scenerios, but I think any of them is more than possible. . . .

Eh, I'm kind of rooting for the "resign in disgrace" scenario. Does that make me an asshole?

In retrospect, I'm horridly disappointed about one thing regarding the march. I live in Orange County, CA. Arrested Development is based here. We had 20,000 people marching in Santa Ana alone yesterday, and no AD related signs. 

Speaking of the women's marches around the country yesterday,  Trump spent his day at the CIA headquarters explaining to the agency that the media is biased towards him and lied about the size of the crowds at his inauguration (just for the record, they didn't lie).   Then our new Press Secretary Shawn Spicer spent his afternoon yelling about the same thing.

Well, they're also going to steal all of Iraq's oil and move our embassy in Israel to Jerusalem and a bill is being started to completely leave the United Nations, after 2 years, so you know WW3, coming closer. The US and Russia vs....Everyone Else.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Speaking of the women's marches around the country yesterday,  Trump spent his day at the CIA headquarters explaining to the agency that the media is biased towards him and lied about the size of the crowds at his inauguration (just for the record, they didn't lie).   Then our new Press Secretary Shawn Spicer spent his afternoon yelling about the same thing.

Preibus and Conway double downed on it this morning, with Conway pretty much admitting that Spicer was sent out to lie, coining the new phrase "Alternative Facts"

1 hour ago, Raziel403 said:

Preibus and Conway double downed on it this morning, with Conway pretty much admitting that Spicer was sent out to lie, coining the new phrase "Alternative Facts"

As a commentator on CNN said last night.... more people will believe Sean Spicer than they do CNN or any media outlet, despite having video proof.

Oh, and Kellyanne Conway flat out said that Trump isn't releasing his tax returns.

7 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

In fairness, Rogers has introduces that exact bill every term.

Yeah, but they've never controlled everything. So, I don't doubt it has a shot. Trump would definitely sign it because he wouldn't give a shit.

It seems that is the opening strategy of the Trump presidency.  Convince everyone that everyone in the media is lying except people like Fox News and Brebiart and then when real news comes out like economy rates or military action or whatever the people will just say "well that is obviously a lie".  

People are completing screwing up the idea of "alternative facts".  They aren't really a lie just a fact that has absolutely no point to the statement.  For example I can tell you the sky is blue and it is sunny right now.   Now people in Virginia/DC will tell me it is bullshit but actually the sky is blue and sunny somewhere in the US right now.    

Breitbart will always be on Trump's side because he keeps hiring people from that website to work in the White House (Julia Hahn is the latest one), but Fox News has actually called out Sean Spicer and Trump on their shit in the past day or so. Chris Wallace confronted Priebus about the Inauguration photos thing, and Alan Colmes has always been critical of Trump.

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

Yeah, but they've never controlled everything. So, I don't doubt it has a shot. Trump would definitely sign it because he wouldn't give a shit.

Before Rogers, it was introduced every year by Ron Paul. It's never even gotten so far as a vote.