DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For AUGUST 3, 2016

RIPPA

Per PWI

Week 2

- Hideo Itami def. Sean Maluta 

- Bayley is backstage and talks about being mentally ready for fighting Asuka. she's watching Asuka's matches and Asuka's moves. Asuka confronts Bayley and tells her to watch the next match.

- Asuka def. Aliyah. Bayley comes out for commentary. As Asuka arrives, Asuka takes a chair from ringside and sits it at the top of the ramp. Bayley comes down the ramp, takes the chair and throws it down, choosing to stand and watch the match

Post match: Asuka refuses to let go of the Asuka Lock, prompting Bayley to get in the ring and confront her.

- Bobby Roode debuts, coming out to a Queen inspired thrm song (which is amazing). He cuts a long heel promo saying that he is the superstar to take NXT to the next level. He will replace the crowd with presidents and captains of industry. He says NXT will be glorious.

- The Revival def. TM 61. 

Post match: The Revival start running down a list of the guys they've beaten. They're interrupted by Johnny Gargano and Thomasso Ciampa, who call The Revival "Ole and Arn". It's pointed out that The Revival haven't beaten Gargano and Ciampa. Both sides brawl, with Gargano and Ciampa getting the upper hand.

- Mojo Rawley vs. Chris Atkins barely gets started when Samoa Joe interrupts, attacking both men. Joe says he doesn't feel the need to consult William Regal when Joe feels like rampaging. He starts running down his match in Brooklyn, when Mojo recovers. They brawl, with Mojo getting the upper hand. As Mojo is walking back, Joe blindsides him and locks Mojo in the Coquina Clutch.

Per WON

- Hideo Itami def. Sean Maluta (Cruiserweight Classic) with a running kick.

- NXT Women's Champion Asuka submitted Aliyah with the Asuka Lock.

Bayley was at ringside for a closer look. Asuka wouldn't let go of the submission, so Bayley made the save.

- In ring promo with Bobby Roode who slowly turned heel on the crowd. It was excellent. He said he looks like a superstar and dresses like a superstar, and that he wants to take NXT to the next level and someday, he won't see all of us losers in the crowd. “This is the new NXT!" he exclaimed.

- NXT Tag Team Champions The Revival beat TM61

This was a great match that got a lot of time. Scott Dawson hit a DDT for the win. Post match, they ran down everyone they've ever beat until Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano came out. There was some funny comedy here as they called Revival "Ole and Arn", saying they don't care if they beat the Hollywood Blondes, Kermit and Miss Piggy, or even Pikachu...which got a Pokemon chant.

They then said Revival had not beaten them. The teams brawled and Johnny got a visual pin as Ciampa counted, and they picked up the titles.

- Mojo Rawley vs. Chris Atkins didn't kick off as Samoa Joe destroyed both men. Mojo tried to fight back but Joe brawled him away.

That Roode promo sounds awesome. The Gargano promo sounds like it will make me want to punch him in the face even more than I already do. I've been saying for a while that full heel Asuka vs Bayley would be the greatest thing ever.

On 7/14/2016 at 2:30 PM, mattdangerously said:

If this isn't about his love of women with large butts, I'm going to be very, very disappointed.

Whatever it is, it's pretty damn great.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Asuka working heel was my favorite thing about this show. It was great. Plus someone timed a WOULD SOMEBODY STOP THE DAMN MATCH perfectly, and it cracked me up. 

Itami looked really fantastic, though I'm hoping they let him start doing the G2S soon. Maluta is a solid little worker and should get signed ASAP.

I hope that Lorcan interview signals a name change. Plz.

I've never been a Bobby Roode fan. He's solid enough, but he's not a guy that should be booked like a top guy. He's kinda got Miz-level talent where he's a cornerstone midcard heel. That theme, though. It was absurd in all the right ways. That theme is too good for Roode. 

YEAH ATHENA I MEAN EMBER MOON YEAH I HOPE SHE IS ALLOWED TO DO THE O-FACE AS A DEATH MOVE

I'm not a big fan of TM-61 so far, but I thought they meshed well with The Revival, though maybe it's that The Revival mesh well with everyone because they're such a prototypical heel tag team. Also, I love that Scott Dawson has decided that he's just going to cosplay Arn Anderson completely and drop fools with DDTs. 

Finally, Johnny Gargano is a goof. Also, Ciampa should not try to be funny. Though, I'm glad that the Hollywood Blondes got name-dropped on NXT television in 2016. 

Finally finally, the Pokemon chant pretty much sums up how I feel about Full Sail. Always into everything NXT, even to the extent that sometimes I kinda hate them. 

Really fun show I liked everything on it. Itami looked nervous at the start of the match, but seemed to loosen up as it went on. Hopefully he can get 100% back. Joe wrecking shop was awesome, and Mojo stepping up was a cool moment. The Asuka/Bayley segment ruled, and I really think that match is going to be something special. Roode's gradual heel turn on the crowd was great. I'm all in on that character already. I'm still waiting on Nick Miller to show me something resembling a personality or above average talent. Man I hope The Revival smash the Basement Boys at Takeover.

I've never really watched Roode so I don't what to expect from him, but i like the character so far. More to the point his theme is awesome.

I loved how they built Asuka/Bayley tonight. Asuka doing more heelish stuff was great, and I hope she goes into full bitch mode before this is all said and done.

This Bobby Roode promo is amazing. What a great slow burn. I love how he started with the generic "We are NXT AND THAT INCLUDES YOU!" that every indie goober who has come in does before totally flipping it by wanting better fans. Him ripping on NXT fans in cargo shorts is so funny. What a great intro. That theme song is number one and the best. I love Corey Graves getting on board with CEOs sitting at ringside. "There's going to be CEOs sitting around here, Tom!" I would very much love to see Full Sail University filled with a bunch of Goldman Sachs first-year hires.