DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For JULY 27, 2016

RIPPA

Per PWI

Week 1

- Shinsuke Nakamura def. Wesley Blake. William Regal announces main event for Takeover.

- Billie Kay def. Santana Garret 

- TM61 def. Two local talents

- No Way Jose def. Steve Cutler. Jose cuts a promo calling Aries a coward and promising to whup his ass. 

- Kota Ibushi def. Buddy Murphy 

- Samoa Joe comes out and says he wasn't consulted and won't be facing Nakamura. He calls Nakamura an undeserving contender. William Regal comes out and says his word is final. Joe disagrees. Regal says if Joe doesn't agree, it will be considerd a forfeit and he can strip Joe of the title. Joe, furious,  threatens to take Nakamura out before Brooklyn. Shinsuke Nakamura comes out and stares Joe down from the stage.

Per WON

- Dark Match: Oney Lorcan beat Toni Sabbatelli

Oney reversed a suplex and got the pin.

- Shinsuke Nakamura beat Wesley Blake after hitting the Kinshasa for the pin and win.

Post match, William Regal announces Joe vs. Nakamura for TakeOver: Brooklyn.

- Billie Kay beat Santana Garrett after hitting a big boot for the pin and win.

- TM61 beat Rob Rizen and Rich Nailz after hitting a double team spinebuster finish

- No Way Jose beat Steve Cutler after the Fiesta Fireball and half nelson slam for the win.

Post match, Jose calls out Austin Aries and says he is going to whoop his ass.

- Kota Ibushi beat Buddy Murphy

Amazing reaction for Kota, won it with a big powerbomb.

- In ring promo with NXT Champion Samoa Joe saying he will not face Shinsuke Nakamura at TakeOver Brooklyn. William Regal says if Joe doesn't, he will strip him of the title. Joe says fine, he will face Nakamura and he will decimate him. That brings out the challenger out for an intense staredown.

• 2 weeks later...

I like this extra dimension they're giving No Way Jose so that he's not just a lower-mid-card fun character type.

Billie Kay's weird Carmen-inspired entrance music was sure something. Nice big boot, too. 

I wonder where they go with Itami on his re-debut. 

How much personality can one man have?

It appears that WWE is using the web/facebook to continue whatever they are doing with the Blake and Murphy split as they continue to try to one up one another but are not doing so well.

I love that Nailz jobber came dressed like he was going for the World Street Fight Tag Titles tonight.

I think the Ibushi match with Murphy was a better outing than his CWC match.

BTW, the Tim mentioned that the Frank Frazetta painting-esque promo should have been for Ember Moon.

• Like 1

I don't mind Murphy but that's the best I've ever seen him. Ibushi might actually still be underrated. That was a great little sub-10 minute match. 

I still think they need to sign Santana Garrett.

Agreed on No Way Jose. Yes, he's a comedy act but tonight he showed that "DON'T YOU FUCK WITH ME" side and it was great. Added depth to the character.

3 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Billie Kay's weird Carmen-inspired entrance music was sure something. Nice big boot, too. 

Kinda loving this!

Great to see more of Billie. I think she's right behind Asuka and hope she gets a push now. She's a solid heel even though she was an amazing underdog babyface on the indys. Glad she's still using the School Girl Crush big boot, always looks good and she's hit some killer ones before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't mind Murphy but that's the best I've ever seen him. Ibushi might actually still be underrated. That was a great little sub-10 minute match. 

I still think they need to sign Santana Garrett.

Agreed on No Way Jose. Yes, he's a comedy act but tonight he showed that "DON'T YOU FUCK WITH ME" side and it was great. Added depth to the character.

Murphy was just as good against Nakamura. I think he's very underrated there's serious potential woth him. Good body, good look, nice offense and can sell. 

Pretty pedestrian show with Ibushi/Murphy and Nakamura being the most charismatic bastard in wrestling being the highlights. Jose's promo was 10 times better than his match. His wrestling looks like it has a long way to go. TM61 do nothing for me so far.

10 minutes ago, turk128 said:

Santana Garret still hasn't been signed yet?

Not yet - she is basically on the Blue Pants deal. Which might be totally cool with her.

Garrett is one of those US Indy folks who is never hurting for dates to work

15 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Santana Garrett is straight Rainbow Brite in that outfit.

According to her Instagram, it was in tribute to the Orlando shooting victims.

I'm happy to see Billie Kay finally utilized. She was one of the talents I always thought should have been in the WWE. She has the look and talent. And I dig the heel persona and new theme. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I figure they're saving signing  some of these women for the Women's CWC-esque tournament they're supposedly doing.  Blue Pants, Tessa, Purazzo, Garrett, Dobson, etc...

I will be curious to see if they raid mexico and japan for the womens tournament.