DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 7/14/16

victor

On 7/13/2016 at 4:51 PM, NickMD said:

Will only be worth it if she comes out to this song (good luck getting this out of your head):

Fun facts: This song is actually about being a lesbian (or at least questioning) while she was a student at Barnard College. I seem to remember it being the product of a songwriting contest back in the late 80's, but I can't verify that.  "The bells of the cathedral" is a reference to St. John's Cathedral that's a block away.  Tom's Diner itself, yes, is the same one from Seinfeld (called Tom's Restaurant) and as the song says the service there is notoriously horrible, but it's an institution among Columbia University students. 

Also, this is not the original version of the song, it's a remix by D.N.A.  The original is this one:

This is one of the first songs ever to be used as an MP3. The testers needed something with only vocals, and when they saw how rich her voice sounded even with MP3 compression, a revolution was born.  

• Like 2

A couple thoughts before I switch to ESPN to watch the 30/30 on Darryl Strawberry and Doc Gooden

"20 Canadian dollers" Dana couldn't zip that thing up if she tried. I like the idea of them giving wrestlers individual face time to set up the show. 

Goddammit, King's back. I think Dana works good as a lackey, she bumps well and I liked her holding her jaw after the Banks Statement. Short match but a nice reversal into finisher. 

You gotta love Rusev having "US CHAMP" on his trunks. You also gotta love him stomping Ziggler. Of course we get your WWE Surprise Rollup Pinfall; at least Ziggler gets powerbombed and recklessly tossed into Ryder. Then Rusev has a Terry Funk moment and throws shit everywhere haha. This was fun but needed less Ziggler hope spots and more Ziggler getting beat the fuck up. 

Go figure, the short version of the Wyatt Compound battle is brighter and more coherent. Obviously WWE was listening to us. The pickaxe-to-the-tree gag is a perfect ripoff of any random similar Friday the 13th gag, and bonus points for the ram's skull! Wonder where they're going with this. Maybe Broken Matt can invite them all over for dinner so they can work out their problems and he can oversee a Deletion. 

Enzo will have a place in singles anytime. His work as a quick, duck-and-dodgy, slippery wrestler is right under the level of his mic work so I don't know what people are talking about, aside from everyone just loving them paired up a ton (as I do). Aaaaaaand 30/30's on so later

Enzo/Cass vs. The Club was good. Can't wait to see how the six-man tag turns out with Cena added.

Watching Breeze & Kalisto wrestle reminds me of my disappointment that neither were entered into the CWC.

I'm annoyed there was no choking out of Miz by Backlund, but the actual segment was good and good showing for Darren Young. Really wish he had gotten more tv time on the actual show aside from the vignettes

• Like 1

On 7/13/2016 at 3:10 PM, Phantom Lord said:

My favorite Arn reaction ever was when Barry was injured at one one of the Clashes in 91 and Dustin had the mystery Dragon partner with him and when he throws off the costume to reveal its Ricky Steamboat. The shot cuts right to Arn and he goes "AWE, NOT RICKY STEAMBOAT".

That's one of my most favorite wrestling moments ever 

• Like 1