DVDVR Message Board

Pokemon Go!

3 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

The Isle of Manhattan seems to he barren of all things Pokemon, and that's not a bad thing.

Speak for yourself- I work in midtown and there are lures set up at half the PokeStops in town here. There was a Ponyta on my DESK.

• Like 1

Nevermind, I was wrong and just in a really bad reception area at Rockerfeller Center when I looked.  Snagged like 5 pokesstops and a couple Rattatas on my way home.

There's a Horsea somewhere in Penn Station that I'm debating if I too lazy to look for or not.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well to be fair - if you are out at 2 am looking for Pokemon, you are asking for trouble

Nothing good ever happens at 2 in the morning.

• Like 1

Apparently lots of churches are also Pokemon gyms. The Westboro Baptist church was taken over by Fairies.

• Like 7

I was starting to think I would never get a Pokemon high enough to take over a gym but then I noticed one on the way to work that is guarded by a Pidgeotto that is 46 CP

I know where I am going on lunch

• Like 1

On 7/11/2016 at 9:29 AM, nofuture said:

Niantic has since claimed this is an error with the app and they are working on a fix so it only access the basic data (like other apps). They claim that Google has confirmed that they haven't received any additional info.

I mean take whatever you want out of my Gmail. Enjoy all those notices from my apartment complex about how there is no parking and people aren't picking up after their pets

• Like 1

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-westboro-baptist-church-is-getting-owned-in-pokemon-go?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=atlas-page

Westboro Baptist Church using Jigglypuff to take out Clefairy?  I never thought I'd see a hate group threaten to have a Pokemon battle, yet here we are.

Having never played a Pokemon game before, I really need to learn what I'm doing beyond catching Pokemon and collecting a million things from Poke Shops.

That being said - my 50 year old boss just ran into my office because it was close enough to catch one nearby.

Dont know if JT got this today too...

Army Safety Tips on Pokemon Go

#TeamAPG, if you #GottaCatchEmAll, do so safely. 

1. Be cognizant of personal phone and photo regulations on post. DO NOT chase Pokémon into controlled or restricted areas, office buildings, or homes on base. 
2. No matter where you are, be careful in parking lots, crossing roads, etc. Look up from your phone frequently - even when not crossing streets - and look both ways before entering a crosswalk.

If you must catch them all, do it safely.  For tips on how to stay safe no matter where life takes you https://safety.army.mil/
#GottaCatchThemAll #PTBelt

• Like 3

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Dont know if JT got this today too...

Army Safety Tips on Pokemon Go

#TeamAPG, if you #GottaCatchEmAll, do so safely. 

1. Be cognizant of personal phone and photo regulations on post. DO NOT chase Pokémon into controlled or restricted areas, office buildings, or homes on base. 
2. No matter where you are, be careful in parking lots, crossing roads, etc. Look up from your phone frequently - even when not crossing streets - and look both ways before entering a crosswalk.

If you must catch them all, do it safely.  For tips on how to stay safe no matter where life takes you https://safety.army.mil/
#GottaCatchThemAll #PTBelt

We actually have a safety briefing about this scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.  I rolled my eyes when I saw the e-mail from Operations Branch. 

Your tax dollars at work.