DVDVR Message Board

Pokemon Go!

So over the weekend, I got to level 6, caught a Meowth, a Dutrio, and about 400,000 Rattatas & Pidgeys.  

Also, remember, when you catch one, draw a clockwise circle during the capture animation, you get an extra 10XP. 

My wife is obsessed over this game and plays it constantly (when the servers are actually up)  We were walking at a mall Saturday and not only was she doing a lot with it but so were at least 15-20 other people passing by.  It's weird how much this took off and it's only been a few days.  I just don't have the time to mess with this, but it's amusing seeing her and others play this game.

Fuck y'all 

I got an Ekans out of my first 5K egg

I literally have to text my son updates on what new ones I find as I go around work

Oh and Team Valor Bitches

I just figured out how the whole incubation thing works and I'm probably going to walk like 10 miles today to hatch all the eggs I accumulated over the weekend.

• Like 1

I kinda is funny to me that normally you know we would get a Pokemon Go reference on RAW tonight from Xavier Woods but of course this is when they are doing the super serious angle with the Wyatts

Serious question. This is all fun and games in the summer but this is going to wreak havoc on schools come the fall semester. How are school administrations going to react to this when you have kids sneaking in to the janitors closet or teacher lounge to capture a Pokemon?  

Given the stories we have heard in the US, can you imagine this game is countries with serious issues like most of the Middle East and parts of Russia.

Assume they can actually get the game or give a shit about the game of course

4 minutes ago, goodhelmet said:

Serious question. This is all fun and games in the summer but this is going to wreak havoc on schools come the fall semester. How are school administrations going to react to this when you have kids sneaking in to the janitors closet or teacher lounge to capture a Pokemon?  

Most schools do not allow kids to have their phones on them (ie: out of their backpacks) and if kids are caught using their phones, they are taken away.

Also the kids have to sign "responsible technology agreements"

Like my son is about to start Middle School and is required to have some sort of technology to use in class (tablet, lap top, etc...) so I have to imagine they are going to be monitoring the kids even more now in what they are and aren't using

I am a teacher. I have never seen a school that has been able to adequately enforce the electronics rule. Not saying they don't exist but most schools will pick and choose the battles they are going to fight. 

I freely admit that part of my view is shaped by my teacher wife - who is the "bitch" to the students because is one of the few teachers who enforces the "no cell phone" rule.

Now that also being said - at least around here - I haven't seen anything popping up at my kid's school or any of the other local ones so maybe they programmed it to not have things show up at schools (I doubt it but it is possible)