DVDVR Message Board

July 2016 NXT General Discussion Thread

Rev Ray

It at first reminded me of NWA's WCW show where they had a similar sound in there for a time.  The first bunch of the ones on WWE Network had that.  But adding that to an already-great NXT theme is not only unnecessary but very annoying after awhile.  I can't imagine a counterpoint to this notion.

If it was a sound that fit into the overall theme I'd be okay with that.  Lots of wrestling themes have things added in over time.  Steve Austin's theme for example had plenty of sounds/effects added to it before it became the theme it is.  But this one doesn't fit and sticks out like a sore thumb.

1 hour ago, CHIKARA MARK~! said:

I like to think Regal can pull a Teddy Long and have Tajiri as his Taker/Orton

Orton gets the call if Taker is on vacation, if I remember the flow chart right. Who gets the call if Tajiri is on vacation? Dillinger?

Clearly, Nia Jax. 

But only because Regal's lived a very hard life, and he really, really thinks Nia's Youmanga. (Nia, to her benefit, is just too nice to actually correct Regal and say she's a different person- she barely got him to accept it when she told him she was actually a woman.) 

• Like 1

That swoosh sound in the opening music is just not good. Don't "add" to the song. It was fine as is. Either keep it as is, or use a new song.

That isn't by Nickelback.

Or Florida.

They've had some decent songs used for the last few Takeovers. Use one of those or anything else that doesn't have that swoosh sound. Hell, use a song by Alt-J or the National for all I care (and I like those bands).

6 hours ago, turk128 said:

That brief glimpse of younger Corbin with the buzz cut... I don't remember that clip at all. I thought he never appeared on TV when he had that haircut.

Corbin was hanging around jobbing for a year before they started the big Goldberg push. Here he is tagging with some guy against the proto-Revival.