DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

4 hours ago, steve said:

I thought Mick looked as healthy as I'd seen him in a while, at least weight-wise.

He's apparently dropped a lot of weight due to DDP Yoga.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, insidecradle said:

I thought I'd seen it all and then I discover Mark Lewin. Being a fan forever, and after 30 years just now finding out how awesome of a performer this guy is. Any stories about this guy?

Now watch this:

• Like 5

6 hours ago, DTTW said:

Like Brock and Punk both said, there are other things in life than wrestling. Hey if the guy loves it that much, great for him. Just sorta figured at his age he would want to do something else in life. Guys probably seen every hotel in the world by now and that's got to be boring by now if you don't have to do it.

I have a working theory that Jerry Lawler never matured emotionally beyond the age of 16:

-his seemingly pathological inability to date anyone over 30.

-his wardrobe constantly looking like it is what a small town Midwest kid would buy at Hot Topic during his trip to the city.

-his obsession with Coca-Cola and Coca-Cola products and branded merch.

-the fact that he had a King's Throne in his home.

-his refusal to wear jackets in cold weather.

-the fact that he owns a Batmobile (though there's at least a responsible adult in there somewhere helping him make money with it at conventions).

Being continually in awe of getting to wrestle, travel, and maybe enjoy the lifestyle would jibe with my theory.

• Like 2

I can only hope Kalisto's "GODDAMNIT!" preceded him retreating to his corvette and repeatedly slapping himself upside the head while muttering "I'M A FUCKIN' IDIOT!" over and over again. At least Jumpin' Jeff Farmer brought some passion. Kalisto screwed that pooch like he was a little baby girl hailing from Pee Pants City.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Just for the record - I totally want a "I'm a good lucha... thing" T-shirt

On the back, it can say "Barry Corbin".  Or "Burying Corbin".  I'm not really sure what he said there, but he stumbled over Corbin's first name, then backed up and got it right on the second try.

5 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

I can only hope Kalisto's "GODDAMNIT!" preceded him retreating to his corvette and repeatedly slapping himself upside the head while muttering "I'M A FUCKIN' IDIOT!" over and over again. At least Jumpin' Jeff Farmer brought some passion. Kalisto screwed that pooch like he was a little baby girl hailing from Pee Pants City.

At least he didn't call anybody a prick...

4 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Is that really good news though?

Oh god, I have a bad feeling about this.

Now that Daniel Bryan is back on the road as a general manager, it's not too far fetched to think Brie will change her opinion about retirement as well.

Please let me be wrong about this, I beg you!

5 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Well, hey, and I'm as big a Nikki hater as anyone, but Nikki-Asuka and Nikki-Bayley are both interesting possibilities.  

Besides, maybe Sara can finally explain to her how a Figure 4 reversal works. 

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, hey, and I'm as big a Nikki hater as anyone, but Nikki-Asuka and Nikki-Bayley are both interesting possibilities.   

This.  I'm not a Nikki superfan or anything - what I've watched of Total Divas hasn't convinced me either Bella is very pleasant - but I thought Nikki was a decent worker - maybe the best they've had on the roster in recent years aside from the NXT "Four Horsewomen".  And she's rather good at getting heel heat.  I'd be good with a short-ish run and feuds against Bayley, Becky, and maybe Sasha.c  I assume a full-time return is out of the question regardless since her neck is screwy and Cena seems to be phasing away from full-time.

• Like 1

Nikki had some nice performances and in particular carried Charlotte to a couple good matches. She has really nice, nasty-looking offense. I welcome her coming back soon. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

As thin as the women's roster is and with hardly any of them actually existing in the minds of WWE or the fans, yes.  Not to mention that Nikki has become a solid worker.  She has a power-based offense.  She can help carry her opponent if needed (case in point, Charlotte).

Bring her back, I say.  Just stop with the wishy-washy characterization.  Everything else will fall into place.

10 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Pee Pants Ci-ty, *clap, clap, clapclapclap*