DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

In looking at the roster page - the teams clearly are going to have to be mixed between faces and heels because I can't get to 8 international members (I can get to 6 and that is using a bullshit method of saying the Colons aren't from the US)

I know some people consider Canada as America Jr. but we're a different country dammit. Team International therefore:

Rusev, Sheamus, Del Rio, Cesaro, Owens, Zayn, Jericho, and Tyler Breeze.

Also, I would really enjoy a Jericho/Breeze team.

Yeah - its easy if you mix Faces and Heels but that would make some weird dynamics

Because you can also use the Lucha Dragons too

And I dont think they will have Rusev work twice

So its

TEAM USA

Show, Kane, Dudleys, Crews, Ryder, Henry, Swagger

TEAM INTERNATIONAL 

Zayn, KO, Del Rio, Jericho, Sheamus, Cesaro, Lucha Dragons

Also announced for RAW - Ziggler vs Rollins

EDIT

and Becky vs Summer Rae

Geez when's the last time they announced all their matches ahead of time?

Hopefully up and coming new stars Big Show, Kane, and Mark Henry are kept strong in the US vs THEM tag match.

2 hours ago, zev said:

If Cody Rhodes had stayed in the WWE, he and the Ascension (the one's off suspension now, right?) could be jobbing to Jack Swagger, Jim Duggan, and Sgt. Slaughter tonight.

Now it's up to the Social Outcasts to do the honors.

Slaughter is a traitor to his country after selling secrets to Saddam during the first Gulf War. I haven't forgotten about you Sarge!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Hopefully up and coming new stars Big Show, Kane, and Mark Henry are kept strong in the US vs THEM tag match.

Slaughter is a traitor to his country after selling secrets to Saddam during the first Gulf War. I haven't forgotten about you Sarge!

You must be forgetting when Duggan joined team Canada in WCW.  It's ok you aren't the only one who forgot

Slaughter cried on camera and said he wanted his country back. That took care of the Saddam issue.

WWE itself does a fair job making sure people forget most of WCW. WWE didn't put over Sting at Mania, doubtful they're going to put over Duggan putting his loyalties north of Glens Falls for a spell tonight.

But hey, I once heard a USA chant in the Maple Leaf Gardens when Volkoff and Sheik were wrestling the Bulldogs, so anything's possible. Murrica!

If Lesnar gets hurt and is unable to compete you could easily shoot an angle on RAW where Heyman says that multiple medical teams have advised BROCK LESNAR that he is not medically cleared to wrestle, but they said nothing about a fight.

Spoiler

Then you have Orton come out he kicks Lesnar in the groin and then Orton lays him out with Punt Kick. Then you have Heyman bring out a Paul Heyman guy to fight Orton in Lesnar's place at SummerSlam.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

It's supposedly

Reveal hidden contents

Randy Orton

And it's kind of dumb because Lesnar might get injured in his fight this weekend against Mark Hunt. But we'll see.

I actually don't mind him as Lesnar's opponent. Its probably the few matches I want to see out of him. The sad thing is more his return to tv as character.

Summerslam seems far enough away that Lesnar should recover fine as long as his potential injuries aren't anything major.

I don't want to see that guy against anyone.

The thing I'm scared of the most is that Vince might be so pissed off, if Brock loses the UFC fight, he might actually have this guy win the match.

At least he has a really over finisher that is still fairly protected they can build a match around. The week-to-week build to the show will be a snooze, but in a vacuum it has potential to be Brock's best match in well over a year. Although, that's more of an indictment of the way he's been used and the way his matches have been layed out.

Supposedly according to Meltzer, the plan is if Brock wins big (KO or whatever) he's going to be an unstopped killing machine and the first person back they're giving him is Randy Orton?

I guess the next night they will be announcing Randy's retirement. Orton's been putting off coming back for a while. If he's being throw in with Lesnar...