DVDVR Message Board

Olympics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

What's absolutly great about the stuff coming out of Sochi, was that a local NY NBC reporter is out there, and totally selling the story that the horror stories are all overblown.

• Like 1

Hmm, playing around on NBC Sports site, it looks like the streaming stuff isn't going to be as easy to find as previously, since they're doing it all through LiveExtra this year instead of a seperate set of apps.

Fishing in the toilet?  And WTF is going on in the last pic--someone shooting up?  The hell? :blink:

I asked about the last one myself and no one seems completely sure what the hell it is. Eventually we concluded it's a syringe, but if you squint with it next to the fishing one it kinda looks like a guy holding a fish and preparing to throw it, which is way funnier.

This is too great:

Dmitry Kozak, the deputy prime minister responsible for the Olympic preparations, reflected the view held among many Russian officials that some Western visitors are deliberately trying to sabotage Sochi's big debut out of bias against Russia. "We have surveillance video from the hotels that shows people turn on the shower, direct the nozzle at the wall and then leave the room for the whole day," he said. An aide then pulled a reporter away before Mr. Kozak could be questioned further on surveillance in hotel rooms. "We're doing a tour of the media center," the aide said.

Source: The Wall Street Journal

• Like 1

That's what annoyed me about the last Summer Games streams.  They wouldn't stream the Opening Cerimony because it was Prime Time, then they acted like the stuff they were saving for Prime Time wasn't going to be shown... then they backtracked on it and we got everything streamed live.

TV Listings on the NBC site.  You have to enter your ZIP and provider to actually get to the schedule though.  All the Universal stations (NBC, USA, MSNBC, CNBC, NBCSports) are showing stuff, some stuff live (9 hour time difference), Major stuff in Prime Time presented spoiler free if you managed to avoid all social media and results.  Everything streamed on the NBC site live, so long as you figure out how to navigate it.

Okay yeah I think I'll figure this out but boy the time thing is going to be a killer. 9 hour difference. That's rough.

I love the difference.  I would much rather be able to watch live in the middle of the night, when I am actually free to watch, than when everything is going on during the workday.  Hardly the first time I've lived off practically no sleep for two weeks.

Love how the venue is called the ICE CUBE Curling Center.

As for Jennifer Jones, she definitely has the curling version of "fuck it, I'm going deep". *sigh* If only Rachel Homan's team didn't have such a crap week at the trials.