DVDVR Message Board

UFC 200: Tate vs. Nunes (7/9/2016) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC certainly isn't afraid to take risks, could see another fluky situation where a champion loses a non-title match to someone that normally is in a different weight class. Not that I am expecting that but Silva is a weird dude so I'm not writing him off.

According to Dana, both Anderson and Henderson called him. Mousasi of course wanted the fight. They decided not to pull Mousasi out of his fight, and they got plans for Hendo.

Okay I am confused why would you put Tate vs Nunes as the main event over Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt?  I know it is a title fight but this is assuming that Meisha is on the Rousey level.

Love the guts of Silva but man he is walking right into an ass kicking.  Plus how do we know that he passed the USADA testing?

10 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Okay I am confused why would you put Tate vs Nunes as the main event over Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt?  I know it is a title fight but this is assuming that Meisha is on the Rousey level.

Love the guts of Silva but man he is walking right into an ass kicking.  Plus how do we know that he passed the USADA testing?

By now, people have already made their decision to buy the PPV. They've been advertising like crazy. The bout order is basically semantics. If you're not buying the PPV because they changed around two bouts then I dunno what to tell you.

Also, I think Ariel Helwani inferred that Ronda may be present on Saturday. That could be a big factor in that decision.

According to the USADA records, Anderson has been tested eleven times. So unless a test result comes in at the buzzer, he is good to go.

Is it possible Brock's contract stated they would have had to pay him more to be in the main event? Or maybe he was trying to hold them up for more money since he was now the main event? The Rousey theory does fit though, her confronting the champ in the cage would be a big way to end the show.

Just now, keith_h said:

Is it possible Brock's contract stated they would have had to pay him more to be in the main event?

He gets paid the same regardless plus PPV points. Positioning on the card doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Title match should be the main event. 

That and aren't PPV Main Events all supposed to be 5 rounds now? Not saying Lesnar vs Hunt would go more than 3, but I'm guessing this way they don't have to fuss over any contract changes insisting on the extra 2 rounds.

Holy crap you scared me with the thread-name change. I've been avoiding mma sites until I can watch the Fight Pass show later tonight so had no idea the bout order changed and thought Brock or Hunt (probably Brock, unfair assumption but y'know) had pulled out.

Awesome to hear DC is still getting a fight. When I posted earlier about it being maybe a not-too-bad thing for him re: the Jones fight, it was a knee-jerk reaction and before I really gave any thought to the financial hit he'd be taken. Given his age, $4mil would be devastating. I also thought your show money was at least guaranteed but that's probably what? 250k? Still a huge disparity. At least this way he still gets his points.

A few weeks ago I was going to ask about Silva. Seemed there was nothing after his successful surgery which was surprising because I thought they were talking about a short turn around to reschedule the Hall fight.

This might be the wackiest buildup to a UFC PPV in quite a long time, if ever.  Jones failing so close the show leads to Brock in the main and DC despondent.  The Silva steps up and instead of that as the main it's the Tate fight.  I can't help but laugh at all this, but considering this is one of the biggest ever shows how cool is it to see the women's title fight as the main?  And considering I've grown to like Tate a lot I'm really happy for her.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

The final bout at UFC 100 was Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago.  TheVileOne remembers.

I remember too.

I see the running order has changed again. As a fan of womens MMA, it's cool to see them headlining the biggest UFC yet. Fancy the Rowdy one to be miffed one half is Tate!

• Like 1